Report what your feet have been up to here, w/e Oct 24

Easy week so far, 5 miles

Easy week so far, 5 miles Sunday and 5 on Tues while my daughter was at XC practice. Hoping for time to get 10 in this weekend.

2 more miles this evening. I

2 more miles this evening. I haven't timed myself yet, but a couple weeks ago I ran a 17:32 2mi P.T. test. I feel like I'm running faster now, so that puts me right around 8:45 per mile.

Awesome job Jeep!Sky, the

Awesome job Jeep!

Sky, the wind was ridiculous today wasn't it? Nice job on the run/walk!

Go get em Ram, I'll go the distance if you do this weekend ;)

2.2 miles this morning with a

2.2 miles this morning with a friend of mine. Longest continuous run she's done in quite some time.

No run tonight, but I got the

No run tonight, but I got the t-shirts for "Team Craig" done and they look way more professional than thought they would! Hubby will do the race barefoot and I'll probably wear my Bikila's (it's partially chip and seal).

Post pictures of you guys in

Post pictures of you guys in your tee shirts, J.

So I'm an avid barefooter..

So I'm an avid barefooter.. ok,, Five Finger runner. Log between 13-15 miles per day, and have completed two marathons this month, with a Ultra (Goblin Valley) scheduled for this weekend. I rarely wear anything else on my feet, it's either Five Fingers or barefoot, unless i'm in Church or a business meeting. I'm a 8.20 per mile marathoner in the VFF's.

16 BF miles day before

16 BF miles day before yesterday.

XT yesterday.

Semi long run sometime today.

Welcome, Adam.  You'll have

Welcome, Adam. You'll have to share your ultra race report with us. Good luck on that and have a safe race. What ultra are you doing and where is it (Goblin Valley is where?) and what is the terrain like?

That looks intense.  The

That looks intense. The sand/dirt looks comfy to bare feet. We don't have terrain like that here in Georgia...well this is this one little odd place, but it's so small, it doesn't really fit with the rest of the landscape here in Georgia. At least the weather is looking good for your race.

One foot in front of the

One foot in front of the other, Cassie. Congrats!

Got 6 in this evening, felt

Got 6 in this evening, felt good so I went for tempo. 1st mile @ 8:30, miles 2-5 @ 7:15, last mile @ 8. Felt good but there's a twinge in my ankle. I'll see how it feels after a Dogfish 60 min.

I don't usually get to the

I don't usually get to the mileage thread, but I did 20 miles today in my Lunas! I was thrilled. I am sore, but not in an injured sort of way, in an "I just ran 20 freaking miles in Jesus sandals" sort of way.

Marathon is in 3 weeks and I just feel really good about it! Now I just need to stay not pregnant and I should do better than last time (I was pregnant and didn't know it, and ran a full). Kid is fine by the way, he just turned five and is a Star Wars nut and a pretty great runner already! :)

I wore my Lunas and calf sleeves. Also the capris from Skirt Sports, but that doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Aaah!   I knew I shouldn't

Aaah! I knew I shouldn't have clicked here. Great work, everyone!

Funny about getting pregnant right before a race, chickpastor. When I got pg with #1, I was training for a half marathon. But I hadn't registered for the one I wanted to run. When I got pg, I decided against doing the race. As luck would have it, the week after the race, I went to a conference and got lost while running. I ended up running 15 miles and having a blast. I totally should have run that half pregnant.

This is torture. I ran on Tuesday, 4.6 at an 8:40 pace (kinda fast for me). But I was feeling kinda sick, like I was running a fever. I was. And I had muscle cramps all over. Wednesday, I didn't run because when I got up from my desk to go get changed, I started shivering. Thursday, I couldn't take it and I went out running - plus it was about 56 and lightly raining. Perfect running weather. I got about 1 mile out and thought I needed to be picked up in the WAAAAHmbulance. I had muscle cramps all over, from my toes to my eyes. So I decided just to run back as fast as I could just to get back in. Ended up doing my last mile in less than 8 minutes, which I've never done before, but boy did I regret that. I wanted to die when I got back to my office.

So I sensibly stayed in today. I'm still sick but now I'm climbing the walls. I can't wait till sunrise; I'm going to have to run.

I ran an impromptu costume 5K

I ran an impromptu costume 5K this morning. Lots of fun I came in at 42:36 (PR for me) and I won a free 50 min massage for the costume (strawberry shortcake), and I had my picture taken and was interviewed for a United Way publication because I ran barefoot....I of course gave the web site for here!

Good luck, or well, too late,

Good luck, or well, too late, so how did your race go today, J?

Awesome, Cassie!  Spreading

Awesome, Cassie! Spreading the word!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test