Report w/e Oct 31

I hope you guys are keeping

I hope you guys are keeping track of your 2010 mileage for the end of the year BRS Mileage Club certificates. We go by the honor system.

Mon-Wed - sickThurs - 3.5

Mon-Wed - sick

Thurs - 3.5 miles Bikilas

Fri - upper body/core training

Sat - 10 miles (8 in Bikilas/2 barefoot)

I am planning another ten tomorrow as toughening for my half marathon in three weeks. I am nervous about running much over 10 miles in training because of my injury. I figure this adds stress without risk to do ten milers back to back.

Ah my very first week and I

Ah my very first week and I did a total of 6.2 barefoot and 18.58 total. When not bare foot I am in VFFs.

My feet are a wee bit tender today. Tomorrow hubby and I are going dancing for 4 hours in costumes so I will get lots of aerobic with that. He's my red hot NDN swing dancer!
love.png
cool.png

Peanut

2mi tonight.  Grand total

2mi tonight. Grand total this week is 13mi. I'm going out on a limb and going to say this is what I'm shooting for as a one day total by the end of the year.

Wow, I was pretty devoid of

Wow, I was pretty devoid of my mileage last week >< I did actually exercise, just not sure why I forgot to post. Guess my toilet exploding might be one reason o_O

Monday: .5 hours p90 Sweat.

Wednesday: .5 hours p90 Sculpt and Abs

Friday: .5 hour minimals and barefoot run, Podrunner Intervals week 6

Saturday: .5 hour minimals run, Podrunner Intervals week 6

Sunday: Hoping just to do a bunch of stretching and yoga today. My legs are not really happy with 2 days in a row running in barely above 30 degree weather ><

Finally back to it after 2wks

Finally back to it after 2wks off for bad ankle:

Friday 3 mi BF run; 5 mi hike (in flats)

Saturday 5 mi hike (in flats)

Sunday 2.6 BF run

15.6 total legs miles

Janine, I would suggest you

Janine, I would suggest you DONT do back to back 10's yet. IF you want to get 10 on the 2nd day,,, break it into a 6 in the AM and an easy 4 in the PM

wow you guys have been

wow you guys have been busy!

Congrats to all of you reaching prs be it time and/or distance!

Peanut, 4hrs of swing dancing! woohoo:)

Sunday...rest

Monday 5mi run bare, 1hr belly dance

Tuesday 2hr zumba

Wednesday 1hr zumba

Thursday 6mi run bare, 15min core.

Friday: 1hr zumba class, 2hr breast cancer zumbathon

Saturday: 1hr belly dance,

Sunday: 10.5mi (1mi socks, 9.5mi bare),1hr belly dance, 25min core

Barefoot Burt wrote:Janine,

Barefoot Burt said:
Janine, I would suggest you DONT do back to back 10's yet. IF you want to get 10 on the 2nd day,,, break it into a 6 in the AM and an easy 4 in the PM

Burt, I think you are probably right :). I don't even know how I came up with that, although it might have been someone here who did it a few weeks' back. I did it, it's done.

The Report:

I did 10 on Saturday starting at 5PM, and 10.5 on Sunday starting at 12pm, so not even 24 hours between the runs. I thought the Sunday run would be horrible and went into it fully expecting to bail or really struggle. I had an exact 10 mile course laid out from my church to my parents' house. By mile 4 I was feeling adventurous and I veered off course and decided to go a route I'd only had described to me, more on trail than sidewalk. I actually felt awesome the whole run, until I decided to go farther than the planned ten and I stubbed my toe real hard at mile 10.5 (it's black and blue). I was running past my high school and looked up at the good old alma mater and got distracted. I had 2.5 miles before hitting my parents' house and I am not sure if it weren't for the bruised toe if I would not have just finished out the last bit of it (instead of calling to be picked up).

My calves behaved, I stayed nice and hydrated, I felt loose and agile through both runs, I was way faster than I expected. It was one of the best experiences I've had as a runner. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I'm crossing my fingers that this was all a good thing.

That makes 24 miles for the week.

since we have a 10 theme

since we have a 10 theme going, I may as well add my run. Just finished up a 10 mile trail run with a good friend.

We actually went to a bar and had a couple beers and a brownie, went and did our run, and then went back to the bar for 2 more beers, some onion rings, and inferno hot wings.

Good times.

Shacky!  Was that an

Shacky! Was that an unofficial hash? Doesn't matter, that's just awesome.

Since I did 20 last weekend (still pumped about that!) I did some short runs during the week and then 12 on Saturday. Probably around 24 miles this week altogether.

Marathon in less than 2 weeks!

chickpastor wrote: Shacky!

chickpastor said:
Shacky! Was that an unofficial hash? Doesn't matter, that's just awesome.

Since I did 20 last weekend (still pumped about that!) I did some short runs during the week and then 12 on Saturday. Probably around 24 miles this week altogether.

Marathon in less than 2 weeks!

When is your marathon? Good luck! I will be in ATL 11/17-19.

What are you coming here for,

What are you coming here for, J?

This thread is sooo last

This thread is sooo last week. :p

Chick posted! I keep checking

Chick posted! I keep checking to see if Burt has any more sage advice about last minute half training. I am in that prerace craziness where every run, every step is deliberated with total nuttiness.

Barefoot Burt wrote:Wussup

Barefoot Burt said:
Wussup Janine, What are you wondering? When is your race? What is the distance?

13.1 in three weeks. I did back to back 10 milers last Saturday and Sunday. I flared my injury a little (sports hernia) and have a little sacroiliac joint fussiness (I'll see the chiro a few times this week).

I ran one mile yesterday with the kiddo and I'm taking off a few days. The big question is whether I risk the injury this weekend doing a 12+ miler. I feel pretty tough having done 2 ten milers within 21.5 hours, and I had decided not to go beyond 10 before the race but now I'm panicking.