Report w/e Oct 31

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
week of All Hallow's Eve, Halloween, Samhain ...whatchya up to?

Monday: ~5mi barefoot to and from gym, 1hr belly dance

Tuesday: scheduled 2hrs Zumba (adizeros), 15min core work

Ugh, you know it's

Ugh, you know it's fall/winter when you start a post saying it was super warm at 46 degrees haha.

Nice runs Adam, look forward to some virtual training with you.

Zumba:  I know, kind of wierd

Zumba: I know, kind of wierd saying that but it's a huge difference from last week when it was in the low 30's. Virtual training here we go! I really won't start serious training until Jan. though. Just going to maintain a base of 20 mpw for now.

Monday: 2 mile (18 minutes)

Monday: 2 mile (18 minutes) barefoot run, 45 minute chest workout.

Tuesday: 3 mile (27 minutes) barefoot run, 40 minute back workout, 15 minute core workout.

6.5 miles yesterday evening.

6.5 miles yesterday evening. It was a bit windy but otherwise a beautiful evening, ~70 deg. Avg. 8:25/mile.

Did my first 5k run

Did my first 5k run thismorning (26 minutes). Aside from the cold feet everything was great. Took most of the run before my feet warmed up. One toe was especially angry after I stubbed it on the cold road. :puzzled: Definantly going to have to work on finding a way to warm my feet, and especially my toes before I go out.

Six easy miles

Six easy miles yesterday.

Congrats on you first 5K Mike!

Yeah, Mike!  Look at the

Yeah, Mike! Look at the positives.

Went for a one hour bare foot

Went for a one hour bare foot walk on the beach this past Monday. I live right down the street from the beach so walk from my place on asphalt pavement to the beach and back. Have just felt like walking instead of running lately. Felt great.

I got 5.5 miles in today! Woo

I got 5.5 miles in today! Woo Hoo! Increasing mileage is fun! When I started my c25k program in July I could not even run for 30 seconds at a time....and today I did 5.5 miles!

Well I actually got three

Well I actually got three runs in last week, even if they weren't on the days I intended. It was supposed to be sunday, tuesday, and thursday, and I was supposed to swim monday, wednesday, friday, but whatever, I'm still working on it.

Last Sunday: 2 mile run

Last Monday: 1.5 mile swim

Last Friday: 5 mile run

Saturday: like 1 mile home from work. Actually best run of the week.

Sunday: 2 mile run (Shouldn't have gone 3 days in a row, my feet hurt afterwards. And I scraped my toe on the ground again. I really need to stop doing that.)

Wednesday: I'm about to go for a 2 mile swim. (I can't actually swim 2 miles straight, but broken up into 500m segments its not bad.)

Swim team starts in two weeks, and I'll be done with drama rehersals then, so I'll be getting a lot more swimming in, and hopefully I'll have more time for runs. I need to start biking sometime... I think I'm gonna try to spread an Iron Man out over November, shouldn't be too hard, only like 1 mile run and 5 mile bike and a little swimming per day. My training plan is pretty much to just gradually decrease the amount of time it takes me to complete it. I figured out that I should be able to do the whole thing in one day within a year, while doing my best to stay within the 10% rule. (10% decrease in time is about the same as 10% increase in mileage right?)

good luck Danjo! You can do

good luck Danjo! You can do it :)

holy Cow Cassie! Look at you go with that mileage, awesome job!!

I bet your feet love you now Dave, go with what feels good..great motto

Mike, my Zensah (compression calf sleeves) seem to help a bit with getting blow flow to my feet and keepig them warm when it's cold. I find that after about 2mi they're pretty well warmed. Also, make sure you are keeping your core nice and warm to avoid your body taking blood away from your extremities to warm up your core.

Sunday...rest

Monday 5mi run, 1hr belly dance

Tuesday 2hr zumba

Wednesday 1hr zumba

Thursday 6mi run (planned)..windy and cold, looking forward to the challenge

Adam...right there with you!

did 12 on trails

did 12 on trails today....not all running...much walking/hiking....probably won't get a chance to go out again until sat. this week...road trip to Buffalo on Friday....I'm going to feel today's 12 until Sat. anyway :-D....1000 feet of climb....a little more than 5 total miles of a "river of acorns"....seriously, where the eff are the squirrels? They were litterally blanketing the trail....and all the leaf litter, which I thought would feel awesome (and that part did) but it hides all the sharp edges of rocks from view...and I'm pretty sure I stepped on every single one of them :).

But here's the view from the half-way point...6 miles up...then six miles down :)

67637_1676778239886_1250394823_31854573_1863104_n.jpg

beautiful Cube! look at all

beautiful Cube! look at all of those colors!

we are right at peak

we are right at peak now....but it doesn't seem as bright this year as in past years...I wanted to make sure I got out there before all the leaves were gone!!

oh, yeah...that's looking down into the cumberland valley....the little narrow valley I live in is "behind" the camera, on the other side of that mountain.

I finally feel better, and I

I finally feel better, and I have an offsite meeting. Gonna run there, and then I will run back to the chiro to get some miles in.

woah Cube, just reading your

woah Cube, just reading your post I remembered that I had a dream about you last night. You were hosting a barefoot running clinic in my home town. Crazy! Not sure where that came from, just remember making my way through the massive croud (apparently folks of my hometown are crazy about barefoot running) to say hey.

Sunday...rest

Monday 5mi run bare, 1hr belly dance

Tuesday 2hr zumba

Wednesday 1hr zumba

Thursday 6mi run bare, 15min core.

Friday: 1hr zumba class, 2hr breast cancer zumbathon

Saturday: 1hr belly dance, 10mi run bare planned

Sunday: 1hr belly dance, 25min core

Run was bare, about 40 degrees. I'm thinking this is my max low, not sure I really want to go much colder. NOT looking forward to shoes, can't afford anything right now so will give my adizeros a shot next week. My goal is to make it to November barefoot. Saturday run planned, may be my last barefoot run until spring :(

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS