Race the Reaper - Oregon

Race the Reaper. http://racethereaper.org/
6+ miles of extreme terrain and insane obstacles. There is four of us running.
Mike (migangelo), Jennifer (jldeleon), Chris (meiniles) and myself. Three of us run it barefoot.

Managed to conquer all the obstacles without a fail.
Great race, had a blast with some good results.
Placed first in my wave,
second in my AG
and 17th overall (out of 206).

Happy times :)

Race the Reaper Before 01.jpg
Excited before the race

Race the Reaper Before 02_lr.jpg
Race the Reaper Before 04.jpg
Mike and Jennifer working on some final touches

Race the Reaper 01.jpg
Race the Reaper 03.jpg
Race the Reaper 05.jpg
Race the Reaper 08.jpg
Race the Reaper 09.jpg
Race the Reaper 11.jpg

Race the Reaper Slide 01.jpg
Mike enjoying the ride on the Big Mud Slide

Race the Reaper After 02.jpg
Group photo after the race

Race the Reaper After 01_lr.jpg
Enjoying a beer after the race with Mike (migangelo) and Jennifer (jldeleon)

Dan's the man. i did alright. failed on those rope monkey bars. Dan was only 1 of 9 to complete it when i went through. i tried 3 times and couldn't get my right arm to hold me up. i think i slept on it wrong because my elbow was hurting on the way to the race. i also didn't make the rope climb. even with gloves on i slipped. last year when it was sunny the rope climb was no problem.

i can say i beat Dan in the tire pull. he lifted the little tire and i went for the big one. had to when two girls did it right in front of me. :woot:

overall i was 79th out of 206. for men i was 64 out of 137. 2 hours just like i thought. 18:34 pace. only waited once to help jen over the first obstacle. i was 12 out of 30 in our wave. started last but finished in the middle. :facepalm:

i have cuts on the arches of both my feet. deep ones. i'm a bit sore, arms and legs with some rope burns and scrapes on my body. at least i don't have a huge rope burn like i got last year. still have a scar from it. :inpain:

can't wait until next year. :rage:

this is the monkey bar/swing that not many people were able to do.

Holy crap Mike, maybe in my youth when I was in or fresh out of the Army. Now a days though, no way in hell I could do that obstacle. Rope climbing is much easier though, no matter how wet or muddy the rope if you use technique and not just try to climb with brawn that is. That was something I was taught while in the military. In fact at one point I had gotten in trouble for something (can't remember what now) and I was forced to climb the rope and hang there for a considerable amount of time as a punishment. When they realized that I could sit there for hours if I must because of my technique they made me come back down and low crawl through mud along with pushups and flutter kicks and russian body builders and anything else torturous they could think of. Man that sucked so bad.

Awesome! congrats guys it sure looks like a tough one.
And no crying allowed Mike:p Oh almost forgot, sorry about your feet:barefoot:

Good stuff, good stuff! If you couldn't do an obstacle, were you disqualified?

only the "elite" heats were required to do every obstacle. i think dan should go for it next year. he was just out of the top 10 this year. i know i was faster this year by close to 15 min.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I only did about half the obstacles. Even after 3 months of upper body weight-training there was NO way!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
that guy left a few obstacles out of his video. the monkey bar/ropes, the tire pull, tire carry, bucket carry, log carry. impressed he made the jump to the cargo net on the last obstacle. i jumped into the water!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts