Race Report - General Mills Trix Run (5K)

C-Dog

Barefooters
Jun 22, 2010
I just ran the General Mills Trix run in Lodi, Ca. this morning, and this is a quick race report. The race was around the Lodi Lake area, with about half being on a paved(ish) road, and the other half on a dirt trail. I decided to do this race barefoot. It was my first ever 5K barefoot, and if I could go back I probably would have worn my Sockwas or Huaraches. I can take some small rocks, but after a while the heel just starts to hurt. I was able to mitigate some of the discomfort by turning most of the road section into a grass section by running along the side of the road on the grass. The even was chip timed, and I finished in something around 37 minutes. So this was actually my worst official 5K, but at least I went at it bare. I would like everyone to know that I didn't recieve any negative comments from people about my bare feet, but several people did ask about it with genuine interest. As far as I could tell I was the only barefoot or minimalist runner there. But I had a good time, I got a cool shirt, and 2 boxes of Trix for my daughter. The only real advice I would give to people thinking about trying a race barefoot for the first time is to scout the course if possible. ;Unless of course the rocks don't hurt you, in which case get out there and run. Here are a couple of pics from after the race:
4827310195_1d0ec5c7f4.jpg
4827305979_875ac2090b.jpg
4827314251_1533783b59.jpg

At least you can say you did

At least you can say you did it bare. Please feel free to copy this review to a review under the Race/Trail Reviews tab. It might come in handy for someone else in the future. Love the picture of you and the Twix bunny.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts