Questions That Might Pertain To Training

barefoottyler

Barefooters
May 3, 2010
I am working on a program with Last Place Jason that will give users a personalized training plan for any distance.

In order to make the program as personalized as possible, I must first gather data to compare so I can make formulas and such.

How do I gather data you might ask? I need to ask questions!

What questions do you think are important for runners when creating a training program? I want a lot of questions. More questions = more accuracy.

Some questions off the top of my head are:

What is your age?
What is your weight?
What is your height?
How far could you run after your first month of running?
What was your average pace after your first month of running?
How many months have you been running?
How far can you run now?
What is your average pace now?

Of course there are a ton more things that can be asked.

The final training program will not have all of these questions, but the more data I can gather pre-programming, the more accurate the simplified questionare can be.

Thanks in advance!

How many months/years have

How many months/years have you been running barefoot?

What is your average barefoot long run distance?

On average, how many miles per week do you currently run barefoot?

What distance are they training for? (RW)

What day do you want to start? (RW)

What is the desired length of training time to acheive distance goal?

How hard do you want to train? (Easy, Moderate, Hard, Difficult; Should give a minimum of days per week to run.) (RW)

What day is your long run? (RW)

SOunds like a great project,

SOunds like a great project, Tyler. I'm wondering something, what exactly is a "Training Plan" in your understanding? A plan usually has a set timeframe and a stated goal. Is that what you're working on? Or more of a general fitness program based around a person's abilities?

I ask because I think the two are completely different animals, and would reequire different information from the trainees.

BFwillie_g: There are two

BFwillie_g:

There are two forms I am going to make. The first is to gather data so I can find similarities in runners. By having this data, I will be able to decide which questions are appropriate to ask on the second form.

The second form will be the training plan form. This form will ask questions and develop a trainng plan for users.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'd love a training plan that

I'd love a training plan that I could tell it whether I wanted to try to win the race (or at least PR), or just finish it respectably. Although that might not actually change the training plan-- I'm too much of a noob to know.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts