Question about RunAmoc

I could be very happy with

I could be very happy with the RunAmocs this winter if it weren't for the nasty roads! I kind of enjoy the icy areas, as I find it challenges me to truly lift my feet! No pushing off allowed on ice! I have always maintained that the truly great thing about running is that I can literally run out my front door. Unfortunately, where I live the roads don't get plowed enough to keep them cleared, so the slush and snow (and salt) really gets deep! I tried wearing my FF one day and my feet were completely wet within 5 minutes! I will say that eventually they warmed up, but it's not very pleasant to have squishing feet for 6-7 miles!

Needless to say, I have high hopes for the scuba boots. My husband was mad at me when I told him I ordered a pair; he had just ordered a pair for me for Christmas! Ooops!

I know you already bought

I know you already bought your runamocs, but for anyone who reads this that is intersted, I think they do flap around too much without socks, but I wear socks, so it's not an issue for me. I wear them with sealskinz in the snow and cold (warm wet is fine with wool socks). My GF now wears kigos instead because she doesn't like socks.

agree that 5mm would be better in the snow, but the smooth leather would be better than the seude becuase of better water resistnce.

cheers, everyone have fun in their mocs=)

Interesting Kitsune.  I've

Interesting Kitsune. I've read where others have said the same thing about the shoe flapping around too much. It was a real concern of mine because I didn't want to spend the money and not like them. I was pleased to find that don't flap too much. I'm thinking it must be terribly subjective, but that's really true with any kind of foot covering. It's an awesome "shoe" though! I'm thinking I need to order the Roo for around the house! Great company too!

I retired my Chocolates a

I retired my Chocolates a couple of weeks ago after 450 miles in a period of two and a half months. The leather on both heels ripped a hole down by each sole after my last long run. I returned them to Softstar hoping they could be fixed to no avail. I am not sure the suede is the best choice for winter running . The leather would bunch up down by where it ripped when they got wet which was most runs this year. I think they need something in the heel to keep the suede from sagging and bunching up when wet. Not necessarily a heel cup but something. I might see if they can put a different sole on the Rambler for the rest of the winter months. Hope everyone who is wearing these are enjoying them as much as I did. I love my Ramblers for daily wear and would recommend Softstar products highly even though I was expecting more miles out of the Chocolates.

Funny you should mention the

Funny you should mention the heel-ripping problem...they did update with a reinforced heel very recently in their shoes! More details at Running & Rambling:

http://www.runningandrambling.com/2010/09/soft-star-runamoc-update-and-upgrade.html

My suedes have the extra heel support & I love them. My feet stay dry in fluffy snow but freeze of course in wet snow when the suede gets sopping. Slush is a RunAmoc suede's worst enemy. So far they've been great snow shoes, really great! I've done 6 milers in a couple of blizzards this winter and my feet have enjoyed it. They don't get too wet. It's easy to fit cozy socks inside them too. I got the trail sole because I only use them on trails or ice/snow/yuck terrain.

My husband recently recieved his perforated leather version and the heel cup is even more pronounced in those. I'm glad Soft Star made the revision, it should mean even better shoes from here on out!

Omg I sound like I have stock in the company...hahahahah. But I really do love them! Agh!

That's interesting what you

That's interesting what you say about the reinforced heel. I had read that on running and rambling also, so when I ordered my RunAmoc, I figured it would have the reinforced heel. But it didn't! I just figured that they only reinforced the perforated leather RunAmocs, not the suedes. My chocolate RunAmocs could definitely use the reinforced heel and I know they won't last too long if I wear them while running on the roads, which is why I haven't. I love them and want them to last so I only use them for non running things.