Possible Convert

My 22 year old stepson, Mallon decided he was going to try going barefoot today.

Shame he chose a day that was 2 degrees C and raining.

I suggested he try again another day when the sun is shining.

Still proud that he felt he needed to try it.

Watch this space!

2 degrees? wow so cold

ive seen people in st petersburg going bf with snow

ive read a girl who said she goes bf until its nearly -20 degrees because then she could lose a toe, but above -20 is fine for her
lol

try to convert as many as you can paulbeales, going barefoot means healthy strong perfectly developed feet, also it can have other effects like discharging electrons or something like that ive heard, there are even home machines for that

also is so comfortable and pretty

Reactions: bare_ftazn
Check out the Winter Challenge threads NTBIS.

You'll find lots of people running in snow and temperatures a lot less than 2 deg C!

Check out the Winter Challenge threads NTBIS.

You'll find lots of people running in snow and temperatures a lot less than 2 deg C!

Nice! has he done it again? or is he waiting for summer weather.

Not yet Dama. I think he is waiting for the ground to warm up. He has bought some Sockwa for the gym though :) Baby steps ;)

One day maybe Ftazn

Baby steps are very important, in fact it is the most important approach when transitioning and lucky for him that he has a good tutor in house such as yourself.

Reactions: paulbeales
Not yet Dama. I think he is waiting for the ground to warm up. He has bought some Sockwa for the gym though :) Baby steps ;)

One day maybe Ftazn
be carefull with sockwa paulbeabes, they fail at the most crucial thing, to respect toes, sockwa creates toe deformations, the same as my photo
left barefoot, right sockwa

toes deformation is the worst due to the bone deformation, first toes then how thin is the sole

i'd never let my future kids use sockwa or other deforming-toes shoe, ill be very careful with that

be carefull with sockwa paulbeabes, they fail at the most crucial thing, to respect toes

Before he bought the Sockwa he was lifting in thick soled tight fitting Nike trainers. Yes, Sockwa can be a little snug in the toe box, but it is still a big step in the right direction for strengthening his feet. The leisure centre near us doesn't allow bare feet in the gym :(

Before he bought the Sockwa he was lifting in thick soled tight fitting Nike trainers. Yes, Sockwa can be a little snug in the toe box, but it is still a big step in the right direction for strengthening his feet. The leisure centre near us doesn't allow bare feet in the gym :(
nike have similar toebox i think, well all of the shoes except open toes shoes...

yep bro, but id prefer to respect the toes first even thou the muscles tendons etc are weak, cause isnt later the toes deformed much more difficult to heal than the weakened muscles and tendons?

compared to rest of modern shoes sockwa is great, i mean has similar narrow toe box as many shoes but strenghens the foot, the thing i didnt liked was they called "shoe that fits like a sock", doesn't socks respect foot anatomy and develop healthy toes?

isnt sockwa tend to make foot like the right foot of the photo of my profile?

ill make my kids have the left foot type of the photo of my profile

they are racists againsts barefooters like everyone lol that remember me, i did gymnastics, in gymnastics they all go bf, kids feet tend to be so pretty, too bad they deform in some degree, maybe ur kid would like gymnastics? gymnastics is very fun for them and for us too

also can you help me with some doubt paulbeabes?

are arch problems such as flat feet or the contrary to not have the arch caused primarily in childhood?

would be caused by modern shoes? i mean by the excess of padding and weakened muscles, tendons etc?

forgot to say, its a doubt i have, cause i dont have arch in my right foot, i mean the arch is too high and doesnt touch the ground

my mother told me she always keep me with shoes with her overprotection, i almost always wore shoes when i was a baby and a little kid

paulbeabes, with your great knowledge of the human foot maybe u could help me i didnt found info about that in internet

thanks to internet i hate so much shoes

maybe ur kid would like gymnastics? gymnastics is very fun for them and for us too

also can you help me with some doubt paulbeabes?

are arch problems such as flat feet or the contrary to not have the arch caused primarily in childhood?

would be caused by modern shoes? i mean by the excess of padding and weakened muscles, tendons etc?

It's a little late for him to take up gymnastics NTBIS. He's 22 and built like the proverbial brick outhouse from all the lifting he does :)

Yes, weak arches are a symptom of wearing shoes with arch support. Someone described it as using scaffold to support a weak bridge and then taking it away

It's a little late for him to take up gymnastics NTBIS. He's 22 and built like the proverbial brick outhouse from all the lifting he does :)

Yes, weak arches are a symptom of wearing shoes with arch support. Someone described it as using scaffold to support a weak bridge and then taking it away
omg i thought he was a kid, im 22 too lol

he likes to lift weights? whats the proverbial brick outhouse?

thank you very much for the information, dammit i feel more hoaxed now, not having arch gives me some little problems

good analogy

forgot to say, its a doubt i have, cause i dont have arch in my right foot, i mean the arch is too high and doesnt touch the ground

paulbeabes, with your great knowledge of the human foot maybe u could help me i didnt found info about that in internet

I have never come across any information regarding arches which are too high NTBIS, sorry. I am sure there will be someone here that can offer advice though, or if not, you should post your question in our Ask the Doc forum