Pain in big toe

I am experiencing pain in my big toe. The pain starts at the ball of the foot and when I roll up towards the toe, the pain shoots into the entire toe. It almost feels as though I need to crack my toes, but the big toe is not cracking for some reason. Any idea what this is caused from?

Hallux Limitis? That's what

Hallux Limitis? That's what mine always felt like, I always wished it would crack, but it never did.

Very easily diagnosed by a simple x-ray in a podiatrist's office.

Of course it could just be inflamation of the joint in which case it will go away rather than get worse.

Yeah those Hallux (big toe)

Yeah those Hallux (big toe) tendons - brevis/longus - are not moving correctly. Although you can check for some deep trigger points in the brevis - that's from the pase of your big to towards the arch area, about 1-2" - typically the place to treat this is on the hallux longus tendon, which is the lower 2/3 of the back of your lower leg - more towards the fibula (outside bone). Most of the tendon is behind your fibula, but some is even merged with the connective tissue of the tibialis posterior, so you could have some trigger points that need to be released in that area too. - that is the major muscle involved with plantar fasciiis issues. http://sock-doc.com/2011/03/plantar-fasciitis/

zerothehero wrote:hallux

zerothehero said:
hallux valgus may be

Hallux Valgus is usually pain free barefoot, with only shoe abrasion at the deformed joint causing discomfort.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test