Osprey Manta hydration backpack

Blind Boy

Barefooters
Jun 19, 2010
Now this might be a little premature as I've only had it for a couple of days but I really love this thing. On my trail run last night it stayed perfectly still on my back, no bounce at all, and for such a small pack it really fits like a "real" backpack, as in one of those huge hiking thingys. Also, one of the front pockets fit my VFFs perfectly.

Also, I should probably add

Also, I should probably add that this is my first "real" hydration pack. I've had packs with hydration systems before but with those I've had to get the hydration part separately so the fit has been less than perfect. Not so with this one though.

Do you encounter issues with

Do you encounter issues with the hydration bladder sloshing/slipping around inside it's sleeve? My Nathan vest does this for the first 1/2 mile or so but then everything settles into place (or maybe I just get used to it?). I've tried filling the bladder to different levels, ensure all air is removed, and it still does it.

That's actually the thing

That's actually the thing that made me pick this pack over any other. There are quite a few options if you're looking for a decent sized backpack with 3 liters of fluid capacity. The bladder does not move. It's got a "spine" of sorts that fits into a slot in the bladder compartment so it can't move around at all. The side that faces your back is rigid too so the bladder can't deform as much either. Of course, there is some sloshing when it comes to the actual water still but I think it would be pretty hard to avoid that.

Here's a good image of the reservoir so you can see what I'm talking about: http://www.ospreypacks.com/PackTech/OspreyHydraulics

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts