ON YOUR MARKS! .....

The August Toes on Roads competition starts in just two days time!

For those that don't know, the spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cmv6Ibo9NTGcoxte8tPL0rTAH32-N1inOixOIq48z6g/edit?usp=sharing

From the names included so far, we appear to have:

4 runners in the Nederland team
3 runners in the UK team
1 runner for California - Los Angeles
1 runner for Florida
1 runner for New York
1 runner for New Zealand
1 don't know? ( Dutchie53 :) )

If I was a bookie, I guess this would make the Nederland Chapter the favourites?

Let's get those toes ready to go on the roads and let's make this a competition!

Good luck!

Paul

Reactions: Sid
1 Runner for Australia (so far).

Your stats are meaningless though. I'm backing Team DNEChris to win by plenty.

We might have to have alternate rules in future competitions, like highest number of runs done wins, or maybe a handicap system where miles of second runner in team count double, third treble etc. :)

1 Runner for Australia (so far).

Your stats are meaningless though. I'm backing Team DNEChris to win by plenty.
I just offered to run for England :p
I'm also traveling a lot in August and it will not be close to being a typical mileage month. (I should get a lot of trail running though :))

Reactions: paulbeales and Sid
We might have to have alternate rules in future competitions, like highest number of runs done wins, or maybe a handicap system where miles of second runner in team count double, third treble etc. :)
No need for a handicap system. Each chapter just needs to recruit more runners! ;)

Handicapping is the cushioned shoe of competition.

Of course Yuca. Just add Mexico in the left hand column :)

Reactions: El Yuca Descalzo
Representing the Minnesota chapter! :cool:
OK, I'm in too. This past month I've been trying to regain my running fitness. In August I want to get my weekly mileage back up, so this will be a good excuse to add a little external pressure.

Kyrrinstoch, what time of day do you run? I'm mostly an early morning runner, but this summer's been so mild, I've been running a bit late afternoon too. If you can tolerate running with an old guy getting back into shape, let's try to get together sometime in August. Are there good spots in Little Canada? Could you drop down to Lake Phelan?

GET SET! .....

GO!!

Yup I'm in.

Reactions: paulbeales and Sid
Got some mileage logged! In 12th! Looking to get some more in this week! Look out!

Reactions: paulbeales
Ok so I missed the demo of this, do we just keep incrementing the number with each subsequent run?

No rush to respond either, might be a while for next run lol! This week happens to be my 6 day workweek, I'll be lucky to get one more in!

Yes Tristan. Just keep updating the number with your total for the month. (I suggest using a formula like =5+10+5+2 to remember your last entry)