OLD -- 2011 BRS T-shirt design contest and International Barefoot Running Day T-shirt design contest

ajb422

Barefooters
Sep 28, 2010
Please be sure to visit the tee shirt contest/poll taking place right now at http://www.barefootrunners.org/story/international-barefoot-running-day-tee-shirt-contest or on the home page. The voting ends March 10 EST midnight.

BRS T-shirt design contest and International Barefoot Running Day T-shirt design contest.

In order to simultaneously get the word out about the BRS and also give us some awesome shirt choices we are going to have a contest. Everyone who wants to join should design a t-shirt. We are going to run two contests simultaneously in order to also get a shirt chosen for International Barefoot Running Day.

The BRS shirt should contain the BRS logo somewhere (and bonus points for the BRS url too), but other than that your creativity is the limit. Both front and back can be used.

The International Barefoot Runners Day tshirt should mention, you guessed it "International Barefoot Runners Day" somewhere on it. A date might be cool as well. For now the Date is May 1, 2011.

The contest idea was inspired by the threads with awesome barefoot sayings and some great foot print designs added to the zazzle store shirts. I'll leave it to the posters whether they want to declare ownership of the phrases they posted :).

I want to make sure everyone has lots of time to make up all their shirts so I think we should keep the contest open till Feb. 15th. Feel free to submit more than one design per contest if you aren't sure which to send in. Submit as many as you want. The more choices the better.

Send your submissions to [email protected]. Along with the design please attach all original artwork to the email. When they are put into the Zazzle store we will need the individual graphics. Keep in mind when designing the graphics that the resolution should be high enough to put on a t-shirt. Two thousand pixels is the minimum width needed. Its understandable that for the sake of designing you may shrink them to fit on whatever template you make, but we'll need the large graphics when putting them into the zazzle store.

After the contest is closed we will upload all the submissions and all BRS members can vote on their favorites. The winners will be added to the Zazzle store, we may even figure out how to name the shirt after your login name so you'll be forever famous. Then we will all be able to purchase them.

In addition to forever being known as the person who designed the BRS tshirt and/or International Barefoot Running Day tshirt Steven Sashen creator of Invisible Shoes (http://www.invisibleshoe.com/), has graciously offered to sponsor some prizes for all your hard work. The winner of the BRS contest will receive a custom made pair of invisible shoes. The winner of the International Tshirt day contest will receive a make your own invisible shoe kit. If we get enough entries he's even offered to donate a runners up prize to each! A giant thank you to Steven for making this contest even more exciting.

So now that I have every totally excited for our contest go out and start designing and make us some amazing shirts.

sweet!! can't wait to see the

sweet!! can't wait to see the designs!

Awesome work, AJB!  And a

Awesome work, AJB! And a HUGE THANK YOU to Steven!

Sounds fun. Can you please

Sounds fun. Can you please elaborate a bit for those of us who are graphically inferior? Cn I make something in MS Paint? in Word? I've never done something like this so a few tips would be helpful.

Thanks!

So luckily for the

So luckily for the "graphically inferior" as you put it Zapmamak has agreed to help make the winning item more professional looking in the case that we all really like one idea but they aren't totally capable of making a professional quality design.

I think likely the best idea (and Zap or anyone else who has more experience than I in this can feel free to correct me) would be to make very large (2000 pixels width at least) individual versions of any artwork you'd like on the tshirt. All in different files. If you have it and are comfortable with it something like Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop ect.... it may be best to use because of the way that rescaling works, but I realize most people are more comfortable with something along the lines of paint. Use whatever program you like so long as you save it in some sort of widely recognized format. I have the whole adobe suite along with being able to recognize the standard, jpg, bitmap, tiff ect..... so the format shouldn't be too much of an issue. I don't know what MS paint normally saves in but if it is a windows only format you may want to change it or I won't be able to open it from my mac.

Once you have all the individual artwork you need drawn out individually (as in completely separate documents) then just go ahead and make an outline of a shirt and put the pictures on it (copy, paste, resize from your original drawings ect...) and then send me all the files to the BRS gmail account posted above. I'll only post the assembled shirt design, but we'll need the very large versions of the graphics for the sake of putting it in the store.

Don't be shy about posting things that need a bit of work if the idea is really good. If it wins we can always do some touch ups to it.

Does this help?

hmm depending on how my

hmm depending on how my afternoon/evening of real work goes maybe I'll make up a quick lame (because I'm both graphically and creatively challenged) version of what you'd want to send me and post it here. That should clarify better than my description.

Also jut to clarify you will

Also jut to clarify you will need to be a BRS member to vote. Its very simple and just requires a few minutes to sign up.

AJB - I think people can just

AJB - I think people can just create the image in whatever program they're comfortable with and save it as a JPG file to submit to you. Most graphics programs should have the ability to save to JPG. If not, we can work with people to get whatever format we need for the final artwork. We will need them to make it large enough to go on a Tshirt - about 2000 pixels wide.

Also, no need to put it on the outline of the shirt. I can do that for presentation purposes once you get the image. Then we can present the concepts in the forum.

Once we have a winner, we can work with the winner on getting the optimal image format and size or I can recreate it in my drawing programs (if there are any creative graphics people out there that want to create their artwork in Adobe Illustrator that would be AWESOME! I will be using Illustrator or Photoshop to create the final files)

People can be as creative as they want. We will work with them in creating their vision. If they have a great idea they should submit it!

I think they probably will

I think they probably will still want to put it on some sort of shirt outline or else how will we know where everything goes? If they only want one graphic than it would be obvious, but I figured some people might want either a graphic and some text plus the BRS logo and if they only send us the images we won't know where to put them for the voting. Right?

AJB - true. I guess I assumed

AJB - true. I guess I assumed that they would make 1 graphic. We can always contact them if we aren't sure. :)

Just a quick reminder to keep

Just a quick reminder to keep thinking about and creating designs. We want to get at least two really great ones and there hasn't been too many submissions so everyone has a great chance of having their shirt chosen! Hope to see lots of submissions soon :-D

I'm declaring the deadline

I'm declaring the deadline extended for a week. People have submitted some designs and I want to give everyone alittle extra time since there was the website outage issue. So lets extend it out to Feb. 22!

Did you get the entry from

Did you get the entry from Rodney Wells?

ajb - I'm helping Angie Bee

ajb - I'm helping Angie Bee with her design. I've had a few detours and gotten off track so I will submit it to you soon!

Thanks, NYAB and AJB! 

Thanks, NYAB and AJB! Thanks, Zap!

WHO WON? WHO WON?? WHO

WHO WON? WHO WON?? WHO WON???

...shrinks, hand on mouth, looking around embarrassed.

Oops. Just curious who the lucky Chap or Lass is.

We haven't put up the poll

We haven't put up the poll yet, NYAB. AJB and I are working on that right now in fact. Once we have it up on the front page, we'll let everyone know what the options are and let them vote on which one they like the most.

There will be two tee shirt contests though: one for the 2011 IBRD (International Barefoot Running Day) and one for the official 2011 BRS tee shirt.

Stand by.

Okay, the poll is on the home

Okay, the poll is on the home page. Please be sure to vote!
InternationalBarefoot Running Day
Tee Shirt Contest

Voting Has Begun!!!!

Voting ends at midnight EST on March 10.

Thank you everyone who submitted designs for our BRS and IBRD t-shirt contests, every design is truly awesome. We are going to run the polling separately with the t-shirts for International Barefoot Running Day being polled first.

Everyone please vote on which shirt you'd like to have available in the BRS Zazzle store for purchase. (Similar designs were combined for the sake of the voting, and we can decide via forum discussion which works best with the Zazzle shirts.) The IBRD logo will also appear on the winning t-shirt. Shirts can be ordered in a variety of fabrics, including tech and cotton and other color fabric if you like.

The winner will receive a pair of custom made huaraches from invisibleshoe.com in addition to having their t-shirt design being worn by everyone during IBRD.

We'll leave the polls open for two weeks and then declare a winner, so there is ample time to order your t-shirt in time for the first annual IBRD! -AJB22

Please vote for your favorite IBRD tee shirt. The letters in the poll correspond with the pictures. Voting occurs after the images.?? Voting

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS