Nike Women's Marathon (Half) race report

Got any pictures of the Tiffany necklace...or firefighters? Hmmmm? ;)

I'll try to get some uploaded... It's just a triangle with an X on it (for the 10th year) and a swoosh and imprinted on the other side says Nike Womens Marathon. I didn't get a firefighter picture because it was so congested at the finish line. Part of the area that they usually use for the finish is federal land or something and they were not able to use it this year so you basically crossed the finish line into a slow-moving wall of people getting their necklaces, shirts, recovery chocolate milk, etc. All cells were down because of the amount of people trying to call out and no one could find anyone... it was a clusterf*ck. I'll take my small trail races of less than 100 people over that craziness. It was an experience. It was neat, but now I know what I like. Small races.

Congrats, and I agree about the size of the races. I do enjoy smaller ones, and have a much better shot at placing! And I'd never thought I'd say it but the big ones are fun every so often - just a lot of energy I guess with big crowds of spectators, cheering, so many competitors... sometimes when you finish a race and there is all of 6 people watching and cheering at the finish line its almost kind of sad (even though I do still prefer it). At least the smaller ones I've never had an issue warming up before or cooling down after, or just having room to stretch a little waiting. Being shoulder to shoulder packed makes that hard or impossible!

I'll try to get some uploaded... It's just a triangle with an X on it (for the 10th year) and a swoosh and imprinted on the other side says Nike Womens Marathon. I didn't get a firefighter picture because it was so congested at the finish line. Part of the area that they usually use for the finish is federal land or something and they were not able to use it this year so you basically crossed the finish line into a slow-moving wall of people getting their necklaces, shirts, recovery chocolate milk, etc. All cells were down because of the amount of people trying to call out and no one could find anyone... it was a clusterf*ck. I'll take my small trail races of less than 100 people over that craziness. It was an experience. It was neat, but now I know what I like. Small races.

It could get crazy tight like that at the Atlanta Journal Peachtree Road Race 10K (~60,000 runners, largest 10K field), but I think they seem to do a good job. I love those big races. I love the small ones too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test