News from Barefoot Ken Bob -- Ken Bob's Original Running Barefoot Forum

Barefoot Ken Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 3, 2010
Huntington Beach CA
barefootkenbob.com
Ken Bob's Original Running Barefoot Forum

I'm going to start suggesting, coercing, encouraging, and prodding members of the Original Running Barefoot forum (formerly at Yahoo) to begin posting here. Then I will delete that discussion group from Yahoo - perhaps sometime this year (2015).​
------------------------------------​
The shortcut to this page is "Forum.BarefootRunning.com"​
The-Thinker-sm-212x300.jpg
Living is risky! READ the Disclaimer before beginning your barefoot adventure!​
See Ken Bob's Anti-Spam Policy BEFORE submitting your advertisements!​
The Original Running Barefoot Forum was where most of what the modern world understands about barefoot running was originally tested and discussed.​
We have often been described as "Purists", which is true, if you define "barefoot purists" as those who do NOT call footwear; "barefoot".​
We have learned that being barefoot teaches us to run and walk more gently, efficiently, and gracefully. The sensitivity of bare soles (which many view as a weakness) is actually our first line of defense against common running injuries. Basically, if running or walking feels painful on our bare soles, we are probably walking or running in a way that creates excess forces which could eventually damage other parts of our bodies - in other words, I won't be surprised when you tell me that you, "started running barefoot, and your knee and back pains disappeared. I've heard that same story repeated by thousands of folks over the past several decades!​
There are often good reasons for footwear (cold, etc.). But many people use footwear so they won't feel an immediate need to change the dangerous and possibly injurious way they run or walk, and that doesn't prevent injury, it only prevents us from knowing when we're putting excess stress on our bodies.​
If you are interested in LEARNING and sharing stories about barefoot running OR WALKING, WELCOME! Feel Free to read, join, and post your adventures, questions, answers, etc., about BAREfooting here.​
Ken Bob's Original Barefoot Running website might re-post/condense/expand/paraphrase and/or otherwise "borrow" some of the more interesting/relevant/helpful information from this forum.​

About the Author

Webmaster and founder of the Original Running Barefoot website (1997) - BarefootRunning.com, Senior Advisor & Resident Guru to the Barefoot Runners Society (2010), President Los Angeles Chapter of The Barefoot Runners Society (2010), Co-author; Barefoot Running Step by Step (2011), Barefoot Running Guru (1997-present), completed more than 400 races barefoot (as of 2012), including 79 marathons (26.2 miles each), and one ultra-marathon (50 kilometers+)