Newbie Nooners

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Bidimus, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Bidimus Chapter Presidents
    1. Oregon

Message Count:
    Let me start this with a full disclaimer. Jen has plans in the works for a beginner workshop with a proper curriculum. This is not what I'm offering as that is far more organized than what I can bring to the table. I also don't consider myself an expert but I'm looking to share what I know about beginning running, avoiding injuries, and natural form. I have however learned from some of the best in my opinion. (Thanks to Jen, Dan, Michael, and the rest of the Oregon chapter).

With that said, I'd like to schedule some afternoons on the weekends to meet and work with people new to running who have questions. What I have in mind involves tips, tricks, and hopefully some inspiration. I'm a barefoot/minimalist runner and, as I said I'm not an expert but, I hope to be able to provide enough information to help my fellow newbies in both barefoot and minimalist running.

In particular, I'm looking to run some show and tell sessions at local parks. Let's run a bit, look at form, discuss equipment, and share some stories. I can't make this a regular thing but if anyone is interested I have some time on the weekends and I'll schedule an afternoon. I prefer to teach on pavement for various reasons and parks offer both pavement and grass options. So let me know here if you are interested.
    paulbeales likes this.
  2. jldeleon Chapter Presidents
    1. Oregon
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Now you are going to hell. ;) Look up the member, Allywin -she was under the thread "What do you want" and see if she is close enough to you that you two might be able to work something out. I will share this on the facebook website, too.

3. jldeleon Chapter Presidents
    1. Oregon
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Jim Davies is my second in command and has been running with us for a couple of years now - he was stalking us at the Jingle Bell run, in...2011? I can attest that Jim is knowledgeable and super friendly and adapts to other runners' abilities, well. He would make an excellent running partner/mentor. :)

paulbeales and Bidimus like this.
  4. Bidimus Chapter Presidents
    1. Oregon

Message Count:
    Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to get a message to her. As you know my BFRS message board skills aren't as L33T as yours. :)

And thanks for the kind word. It means a lot to me coming from you.