New video of a barefoot Grand Canyon Rim2Rim last month

I was so fortunate to have not one, but two opportunities to hike across the Grand Canyon last month (Oct. 2015). The first hike was with a really nice group of people; the second time was just . . . cranky old me. Since I didn't have to keep up with anyone, I was able to take a bit of time throughout the day to position my camera along the trail and collect bits for a short video. Happy (Barefoot) Trails!

Here's a link to the YouTube video:

I would SO love to do this. I spent five days in the canyon two years ago wearing Vibram Five Fingers. The guide thought I was crazy and almost didn't let me go on the trip. But at dinner the first night he apologized that he had mis-judged me. But I would love to do rim-to-rim barefoot. Maybe someday.

Reactions: Thea Gavin
I would SO love to do this. I spent five days in the canyon two years ago wearing Vibram Five Fingers. The guide thought I was crazy and almost didn't let me go on the trip. But at dinner the first night he apologized that he had mis-judged me. But I would love to do rim-to-rim barefoot. Maybe someday.

Make some day happen soon! :) It's such a great feeling to be in touch (literally!) with all that old rock. And kudos for proving the guide wrong . . . there's so much misunderstanding of how our feet work . . . with more proprioception/feedback, we have way less chance of tripping/stumbling. Happy trails :)

Awesome!!! But what kind of sorcery be the selfie stick ye speak of?;)
Really enjoyed the vid and some pretty gnarly trail in places. Thanks for sharing.

Ha! Exactly! The modern day equivalent of magic wands, capturing all our good times and storing them for later, instead of just enjoying them now. (Which was very much on my mind during the R2R as I did my non-selfie-stick equivalent of trying to both enjoy the journey whilst trying to "save" images for the video.) Happy trails :)