New stuff at Unshoes

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
I just visited thier site today for the first time in a while and was surprised to find some new features being offered. So just wanted to point it out. http://www.unshoesusa.com/

Looks like they have a new version of the Pah Tempe (the Sleek) as well as a new sole option, cork footbed option, and new sizing options instead of tracing.

Thanks, Tristan.
The lacing on my wokova feathers is wearing out after 1.5 years of abuse and neglect. I wonder though if they won't just relace? The soles are fine.
They do seem to make quality sandals at a not giant price.

Lot of good stuff coming out and I believe their wait time is much shorter in the winter. I'm getting quite a collection of them. I wouldn't recommend the cork top for running as it makes the sandal a little stiff and heavier, but it is great for casual wear and hiking. The extra stiffness eliminates the front fold over that so common with sandals. The cork is also nice on the feet and reduces that Vibram stink. I haven't tried their sandal with the new strapping attachment, but will soon. I worked all summer in the Pah Tempe and just barely had to have one strap worked on. They are very durable sandals.

@scedastic - Unshoes certainly repairs but I don't know how their shipping works. I'm lucky because I can just drive to their workshop. Consider a new pair, I really like the Wokova with the 6mm sole.

Cool Rick, and here I figured no one even knew of the new stuff there and you've already tried em ;). I've used my PT's a lot over 2 years and they are holding up great. My feathers did start to fray in a few spots of the webbing, been meaning to hit it with a lighter to stop the fraying but I rarely wear them, they are more like backup I keep in the truck that I might throw on to go into a store or restaurant.

I'm thinking about another PT just not sure if I want the Slick or the regular one. My pair has a few issues with the soles being cut to small, and the webbing too short, but I can still use them (and have quite a bit) but would like to get better fitting ones anyhow. The cork sounds appealing for casual wear - if it cuts down on stink like you say Rick I'm all for it at least for casual wear to the office and such. And I'd like to get a pair to take with me hiking, I'd probably want to keep em separate from my casual wear, though I'm again thinking along the same line with the PT. I dont care about stink while out on the trail, but I did notice on my big trip this summer that when my feet got sweaty, or wet from the trail, that they did tend to slide around inside the sandal - especially dangerous while rock scrambling with significant angles - like walking cross ways across a slope my feet would slip and tend to roll the sandal a little. I wonder if the cork would help that slippery interface between skin and rubber while sweaty. IDK just thinking out loud here.