New runner that hates shoes.

Tre Asay

The title says it all, I started being more active a year ago but my running was never more than 8 miles a week due to knee and various other pains. I first heard about barefoot running a long time ago when someone I was subscribed to liked a video called "how to run barefoot" I never actually ran barefoot but I was amazed at how much less sound I made while running with a forefoot strike I kept running rarely and never more than two miles for a while. At one point during the spring I was at a high school track with some freinds and we decided to do a mile race, Of course I was wearing very heavy hiking shoes so I decided try running In my socks, I ran my fastest mile ever at the time (7:35) but ended up with many painful blisters, put shoes back on and did not think twice about it. The major turning point came around thanksgiving while visiting family I tried climbing a nearly verticle oak tree, amazingly the removal of the all importaint shoe allowed me to conquer that unassailible trunk. later I noticed how curled up my fifth toes are an became angry that the very thing designed to protect my feet had done the worst damage at that moment I decided to wear shoes as little as possible. Today was another confirmation I decided to run a 5k at the ymca track in my "tank shoes" and I felt bad for all of the shoddies that always ran in "nice running shoes" blisters, kneecaps pulled out of alingnment, clicky joints, and bad pain in every tendon, my old freinds gone after I took the shoes out of running. well sorry for the rant I just want to get in shape without eventually needing surgery and constant pain medicine.

Welcome. Glad you found us! :barefoot:

Welcome!!