New Experience

I'm not sure which forum this actually fits into, but I had a new barefoot experience today.

For the first time ever, in over a year of weekend runs and hikes, I did it.

I stood in some dog poo!

Well, I can't say it was the best feeling ever but, contrary to what 'they' tell us, I didn't die! I'm still alive!

I just calmly wiped it off in some handy dry cut grass, jumped around in a puddle for a bit, and wended my merry way onwards.

I remembered to wash my feet of course when I passed the nearest public conveniences, before going into a cafe for coffee!

But there you have it. People do survive.

Now I just need to watch out for those discarded syringes, invisible broken bottles and slow-moving sharp-shelled snails that 'they' warn us about! :)

I did something similar. Stepped in a bit of my dog's poo during a morning walk. I quickly wiped it off on some dew covered grass.

I was going to wash my foot when I got home, but there was nothing left. There are a lot of puddles in my neighborhood from overnight sprinklers.

With shoes or VFFs, it would have been stuck in the tread.

Pat Sweeney told me a few years ago that "Barefeet are dogsh!t friendly, shoes are not!"

Glad you both survived!

Yeah, I remember now that it's when you take your shoe off and try to get it out of the tread that you end up with it on your hands or splashing smelly water everywhere.

I didn't actually smell anything yesterday

Vegetarian poo is a non-issue for me. That falls in the same category as mud, and I love to squelch in mud :)

Reactions: Hobbit and Bare Lee
Warm and squishy!

You're not a real barefoot runner until you've been christened by dog poo!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS