New Balance MT20

Has anyone had a chance to try the new version of the NB Minimus? I had tried the original version of the shoe in a local retailer and my normal size seemed okay, but I didn't like the tightness of the stability strap across the top of my foot. I ordered the new version on line in the same size. The MT20 has eliminated the strap problem, but it seems like the toe box is noticeably smaller. These just don't fit like the originals. I'm wondering if I just need to break these in a little or if I need to go up a size.

Did you get the 2E width? I

Did you get the 2E width?

I didn't even realize these had come out -- I just found the NB page after seeing this thread. Are these zero drop?

(I know zero drop is not the end-all, be-all, just asking...)

I also tried a MT10 D width,

I also tried a MT10 D width, but couldn't stand the strap. No 2E widths in Europe so I won't bother with NB for now.

The MT20 AFAIK has the same sole as the MT10, meaning same 4mm diferential.

There were pics and a video, of the 2012 Minimus line at this site, taken down now:

http://www.frunning.eu/site/exclusive-new-balance-minimus-2012-line/

Supossedly it will be zero droped.

i have the older MT20s and

i have the older MT20s and the toe box is WAY too tight - when i bought them there was no 2E option, so i would consider buying a 2E version to try them out. i still consider these sneakers, even if the new ones are zero drop, there is still a good amount of sole. I would really only use these on the gnarliest of trails, large gravel, etc... i did run in the ones i have but they always felt tight. after about 50mi i put em aside and havnt used them since.

I REALLY like the MT101s!! now those they did right. I know its a trail shoe and i live in florida, but i find myself wearing those sneakers pretty much exclusively when not wearing actual minimal shoes. especially when i fly, stiffer sole is nice for the rudder control.

if you are looking for a zero drop sneaker that a minimal runner might enjoy running in i think a 2E MT20(aka the 2012 Minimus line) would do the trick

you might also like the Inov8

you might also like the Inov8 Road X-Lite 155s - i like them a lot more than the NB stuff.

I'm just looking for a pair

I'm just looking for a pair of shoes to alternate with my Trail Gloves. I went up one size in these and now they fit much better. Can't wait to take them on the trail this weekend.

Thicker soles are a requirement for the trails we have here in Arkansas.

have you tried the MT101s? i

have you tried the MT101s? i like them more than the nimimus trail - just a thought, ESPECIALLY if you are on trails. i would try the Inov8 x-talon 190s too. i prefer both over the NB Min Trail. when you look for your next pair

Not bumping an old thread for

Not bumping an old thread for sport, but for anyone looking for MT20s, 6pm.com has a bunch of sizes available in the all-black color scheme for $70 with free shipping. H/t to einstrigger on slickdeals for finding this. Other colors seem to be $10 higher. Link:

http://www.6pm.com/product/7811009/color/349236

I'm not vouching for them, I don't even own a pair, but it seems to be a decent price for those looking for these.

WOOT! Thanks for the

WOOT! Thanks for the point-out, Jackie! Even at $80 (other colors) it's a good price.

NOTE - the model Jackie linked to is the Winter Run version of the shoe. NB snuck in a small adaptation, that no sites seem to distinguish or otherwise call attention to... The Winter Run (as noted on the side of the shoe) appears to have a non-mesh upper, along the lines of that being shown on the upcoming zero-drop Minimus - which, IIRC is similar to the material used on the Merrell Sonic (Lithe) Gloves. Not sure whether this affects the flexibility of the NB shoe; but, my experience with the Lithe Glove was that it was much stiffer than the Pace Glove, and Jason's review (IIRC) reflects the same for the Sonic vs Trail Glove.

If anyone already bought

If anyone already bought today...please don't hurt me, I only found this now...

But there's a coupon (reportedly for today only) for an extra 20% off. Use the code 6pmgift121811Ncc at checkout. Shipping is still free. Brings these down to $55-65, depending on the style.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I just now rechecked slickdeals to see what happened to the thread. H/t to PFort on slickdeals for pointing out the coupon.

Triple bonus score!!Thanks

Triple bonus score!!

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't pulled the trigger yet. Also managed to pick up a pair of my favorite shorts (which have been discontinued or redesigned) for a good price.