Neo Lacing Issues

Enso108

Barefooters
Feb 27, 2012
Scotland
I've had a pair of Vivobarefoot Neo's for a few weeks and I can't get the lacing right, they don't feel balanced. The shoes feel and look different if I remove the laces completely the gap between the lacing eyes on the right shoe is wider than the left shoe. Is this a common problem with Neo's or am I just unlucky. I don't think I'll be able to return them as I've worn them quite a lot.
Cheers
Gary

I have the neo mesh...I just leave the lacing super loose so that I can't feel any difference between the two.
they don't flop either....
are you tightening the shoe completely to the top of your foot like a traditional shoe?

I also have the Neos but only use them for casual wear. The thing I notice with the laces is that they seem to be hard to get snug.

Maybe you can try Lock Laces or something similar? I really like the Lock Laces on my Merrells.

http://www.locklaces.com/

Yeah I think I'll investigate lock laces, I wore the Neo's loose with no socks yesterday and got a blister on the top of my foot. :-(
Cheers

I tried running with the Neo a few times. The lacing is evenly spaced on mine, but I wear them loose.. They felt bulky, inflexible, and hot. (However, they were wider then the Evo.) I now wear the Neo as a casual shoe.

I've been running regularly in the Aqua Lite. I really like them, wide, flexible, light. I do wear socks to prevent blisters, Drymax Hyper Thin.