My small rant...

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
Okay, everybody take note.

I want to know where you live, at least to the extent of country and general location like city or province. It matters to me in terms of having a sense of your climate or culture. Not a big deal, but what the hey? Just a little bit more info would help me feel like I understand what you're doing and what kind of challenges you're facing a bit better.

So go update your profiles, please!

Thanks!

Reactions: happysongbird
Okay, everybody take note.

I want to know where you live, at least to the extent of country and general location like city or province. It matters to me in terms of having a sense of your climate or culture. Not a big deal, but what the hey? Just a little bit more info would help me feel like I understand what you're doing and what kind of challenges you're facing a bit better.

So go update your profiles, please!

Thanks!

Geesh, did do forget to take your chill pill dose?:p

Reactions: Bare Lee
All I have to say is Oregon and you probably immediately think of one word. Rain. We get a lot of rain but we can also get to the triple digits during the summer. We usually don't freeze much though which is good for barefoot or sandal running. Typically our winters don't get much below 32degF.

Reactions: Bare Lee
All, and this is a note made in Announcements, go to your Profile page, and click inside those boxes for the chapters that you are a member of. Then an icon will appear under your posting box info with the general location of where you are in the world...or at least what chapters you've joined. It helps, like JT said. :pompus:

Reactions: happysongbird
[beware, my English is bad but my French is better]

I live in the west of France, precisely in a little city named Poitiers. Between Bordeaux at the south and Paris at the North. The direct TGV (very fast train) puts Poitiers 1h40 from Paris' s Gare Montparnasse (340 km).

Bad weather all the time this year, rain, cold, snow and wind. Lots of trails and woods around. Not much sun since the beginning of Spring.

I am a weirdo for most people here, because I am the only one to run barefoot. Some shout : "Put some shoes !!!"

Reactions: Sid
Je comprends le mot "weirdo." C'est comme fu, no? Peutetre avec plus cultural overtones.

In my opinion, one runs mostly from one's center, and the comments of passersby don't carry much impact one way or the other. This applies especially to Barefoot Running.

Je comprends le mot "weirdo." C'est comme fu, no? Peutetre avec plus cultural overtones.

In my opinion, one runs mostly from one's center, and the comments of passersby don't carry much impact one way or the other. This applies especially to Barefoot Running.

I thought "weirdo" is an English word. It is not ? It is like "moron" :)

I don't care about the comments of passerby. I run too fast to listen them. It's just to tell you the context. French people don't like what is different of them, especially in small towns. They prefer to be different together at the same time, it is more confortable. This is a part of french culture :)

[/beware, my English is bad but my French is better]

Ha! Be very careful tossing French slang around. C'est tres subtil. As my mother, bless her soul, tried to teach me, don't insult people unless you mean to.

(/your English is certainly much better than my French, sir. I learned most of my French in 1977 in Ireland traveling with a sweet young lady who grew up in Madagascar but was living in Paris. We were only together for about a week but she gave me a wonderful appreciation de le langue de francaise and she left me with le clap.)

Reactions: karuiashi
Ha! Be very careful tossing French slang around. C'est tres subtil. As my mother, bless her soul, tried to teach me, don't insult people unless you mean to.

Indeed, I wouldn't tend to go around calling strangers crazy in any language. It'll just make a nice, & possibly more accurate, substitute for "Je suis Anglaise", which is my usual excuse for any slightly odd behaviour!

Reactions: karuiashi