My new Vibram Spyridons

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
Well, I ran in them for the first time yesterday and find them a different, slightly heavier feel than my Bikilas. They also seem to be just a wee bit smaller / snugger than my Biks at the same size 42. They served just fine for an initial run of 5 miles, though.

I was hoping that their more aggressive tread pattern would make winter conditions easier to deal with - it's mostly why I bought them. Sad to report that their tread isn't aggressive enough to prevent me falling on my butt when I hit a stretch of lightly snow covered, bumpy but very slick ice.

Here's a pic. (Not of me on my butt, but of the shoes' soles.)
Vibram-Spyridon-LS-trail-shoes-soles.jpg

I have moved this thread to the Gear & Footwear forum with a redirect that will expire in one day.

I got a "nearly new" pair on eBay about a month ago for $26 (too good a deal to pass up), and when they came, I couldn't tell that they'd ever been worn at all. I don't know how they would do on ice, but I've done a few rocky trail runs in them, up to about 8 miles, and I really like them for that. They don't have more cushion, per se, than my Bikilas or Treksports, but they have a significantly thicker sole, so the big pokey rocks don't hurt as much!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090