My new Invisible Shoe huaraches -- with alternative tying method

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
I think that was me TJ.  I've

I think that was me TJ. I've recommended this method on several threads before. It works for me, especially now that I'm using socks for the cold. I've even used my huarches on grass fields and they've worked really well. I thought I'd get the front folding under but that happens only occassionally and just reminds me to keep lifting my feet rather than dragging them along. Glad you're back on the roads. Try them with wool socks.

I use this method too. My

I use this method too. My zems had a huge blowout last week and I had to come up with some other option so I bought a set. I had all the same complaints as you did with the slip on method. I've done two runs in these and I love them alot! Especially since I like to adjust the tightness after a couple of miles when I remove my socks. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

I hope so too.  Thanks,

I hope so too. Thanks, Miqie! I'll let you know what I think of them soon.

Very cute, looks great!!

Very cute, looks great!!

TJ, I think this is the way I

TJ, I think this is the way I will have to tie them when I get some. Damn, first barefoot, now sandals, pretty soon I'm going to be running in a freakin' kilt! ;-) But, I digress, which as an "old coot" I am allowed, nay, expected to do. ;-)

Trivia info moment: definition of "old coot" : a foolish person, esp an old man (often in the phrase old coot)

But I hate having anything between my toes. I own some VFFs, and I use them because they are the most minimal thing I have (next to bare). I guess I jam my toes in them when I run and they start becoming uncomfortable. I am hoping some of the minimal stuff coming out will give me some other options.

'Cause otherwise...kilt vendors, beware! ;-)

I like socks for the most

I like socks for the most minimalist footwear. Did I say old or ole? ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:I like

Barefoot TJ said:
I like socks for the most minimalist footwear. Did I say old or ole? ;-)

Thanks, Miker. Like you knew before you did an Internet search. Yea, right. ;-) You old coot!

Looks like "old" to me. ;-) Remember: "Truth doesn't hurt unless it should".

But I can't decide now, whether to be "Barefoot Old Coot" or "Barefoot Weenie"...decisions, decisions... ;-)

Nah, that didn't hurt one

Nah, that didn't hurt one bit. Now, when you're ready to change your name to old barefoot coot, you just let me know. ;-)

Yeah, all you "young fry"

Yeah, all you "young fry" running around in the snow with thongs & kilts...what is the world coming to! ;-) On second thought, when you string all that together (and you block out the image of SP w/a thong AND a kilt) it does sound kind of fun. Right up to where the wind whistles up off the SNOW and goes under the KILT. I guess that's what the THONG is for. ;-)

That's what the kilt pin is

That's what the kilt pin is for...ask Jason. :)

Well, I just got back from a

Well, I just got back from a 10K run with a friend in the dark, and the jury is still out on the huaraches with the new tying method. It was 38 degrees F and wet when we started out at 8:00ish and 34 when we got back to the car. I ran with them on and off depending on where the ground was wet. I ran some barefoot. I ran some in socks. But everytime I wore the huaraches after the first mile or so, my toes felt like they were gripping way too much. The gripping felt like a toe cramping feeling. I'm thinking that if I can rebuild the muscles in my toes and feet, then I won't have the urge to grip my toes over the ends of the huaraches like I am now. That first mile was comfortable though, so I'm thankful for that.