My first barefooted 10 miler

SI barefoot

Barefooters
Jul 15, 2014
Carbondale, Il
I've been running barefooted for about 14 weeks or so and today I completed my first 10 mile run barefoot. It was the first time I've run 10 miles in nearly 10 years. Pain has held me from that distance for a long time, but after today's experience, no more! It was wet out which I find makes running barefoot a little dicey. It was really muggy, too. The ground wetness softens my soles and makes it easier for splinters to slide in, and, having softer soles makes impact with rocks/grave more noticeable. I did split my sole on my left foot but didn't notice it until after I got home. It never bled, just a clean 1/2 inch split. I went at a snail's pace, as I'm now training based on my heart rate and averaged a 10:30 mile. My heart rate averaged 148. There were a few decent hills, but most flat. I felt strong finishing and feel good now, 3 hours later. In a few weeks I may try to push further, we will see. Below is the map of my route.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/workout/681568679

Congrats!!

Congrats! Crossing into double digit miles for the first time is a nice feeling! And to be honest you did it in about 1/2 the time it took me to hit that goal (a was a real tenderfoot at first). Keep it up, just dont overdo it.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts