My Body is Changing

babysteps3446

Barefooters
Jul 19, 2010
It has now been 4 months since running completely bf and I have noticed (and my wife) some subtle and not so subtle changes to my body since then...

The other morning after getting out of bed walking bf over the tile floor noticed that my forefoot felt "higher" than my heel when walking. This I attribute to not just having thicker skin, but also that fat layer begining to form under the skin- My calves are becoming much more defined. For the many years of running in shoes my hamstrings were always "tight as a drum" and couldn't even come close to touching my toes unless I really worked at it. Now, that tightness has virtually disappeared and I can easily touch my toes. Wow!

Another change (the one my wife noticed) was my butt... (she said I'm starting to get one) Evidently, when running or walking barefoot this naturally allows the glutes to "engage" resulting developing those often ignored muscles...

Don't know if this link will work, so you may have to type in manually-sorry

http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/fitness/h_gluteus_maxintro.htm

Yeah, that is so cool! I've

Yeah, that is so cool!

I've definitely noticed that my hamstrings are no longer tight--hooray for that!

I spent my life without a

I spent my life without a butt and when I wanted people to notice, there was nothing to see. Now I am 49 and finally have a really nice butt and nobody cares to look.

Age can be such a cruel opponent.

My hammies are also a bit

My hammies are also a bit more relaxed these days.

Like a lot of regular guys my age (29+8) ... my butt had begun the gradual migration from the rear of my shorts to the front of my lower abdomen. It does seem better now. I'm not sure if BFR can totally stop this... but it sure couldn't hurt.

Now if I could only figure out what to do about my head hair moving to my ears, eye brows, and back I'd be set. ;P

S. Pimp.

I've noticed I have an arch

I've noticed I have an arch now where I was flat-footed before, and since I now have an arch, I don't pronate as much...not that I know pronation to be a problem.

swedishpimple wrote:Now if I

swedishpimple said:
Now if I could only figure out what to do about my head hair moving to my ears, eye brows, and back I'd be set. ;P

S. Pimp.

If you get that one figured out, let us all know!

My body's definitely changing, but for me it's going from NO running to BF/Minimalist running, so mostly I'm just attributing the changes to actually exercising! ;)

And that's a good one too,

And that's a good one too, Tyrin!

My calves are thinner too,

My calves are thinner too, much thinner after running barefoot for some time despite the fact that I've put on weight from the Lyrica and the post cryosurgery period where I was unable to run let alone walk right for three months. A lot of people assume that barefoot runners have big calves when it's just not true. They cite Rick Roeber's calves, which are large, but then if you look at Ken Bob's his are not large.

I noticed watching videos of

I noticed watching videos of me running that my quads are much more proportioned and smaller - assuming my hamstrings are better developed and the quads are not carrying all the weight.