Morton's Neuroma?

calnebarefoot

Barefooters
Jan 8, 2013
Hi,

I have been minimalist running since November 2012, and barefoot since June 2013 (maximum of 6 miles totally barefoot). Took it very slowly, and built up gradually. Also spent most of the summer weekends totally barefoot, and I wear minimalist shoes at work.

Approx 4 weeks ago I did a 10 mile run, and ever since, my right foot feels like the tendons behind the 3rd and 2nd toes (around the 2nd metatarsals) are "catching" on each other, as I can feel them "twanging" on each other. As my foot rolls inwards, it starts at 3rd toe then 2nd toe does it.

Not painful, but annoying as it feels wrong, and I would like to sort it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Doesn't sound like MN, but it could be too soon to tell. More info is needed. Do you have any tingling or numbness? The sensations you are experiencing, do they last 24/7 or just when you are walking or just when you are running? Have you experienced any sharp, stabbing or shooting pains in between the metatarsals or radiating into your toes?

Join us at MN Talk at www.MortonsNeuromaTalk.com for more info. We have the only forums there dedicated to just MN.

Hi TJ, funnily enough, I had just signed up to MN forum before I read this!!!!

I do get tingling, it "pulses" every 2 or so seconds.

Symptoms just when walking. Not 24/7 but just aware that something in my foot has changed.

I did a half marathon 2 weeks ago, 6 miles barefoot, 7 miles in xero shoes. It started on the 10 mile run 2 weeks before that (4 weeks ago).

Cheers

Steve

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
How did you hear of MN Talk, from me, basically around here at the BRS?

Hmmmm. Somewhat like MN, somewhat not like MN. If you ever have to get a diagnosis, ask for an ultrasound. MRI is tricky due to fat saturation. And with any test, the results can be dependent on the technician reviewing them.

There is a self-test you can do called a Mulder's Click Test, but my doctors and I couldn't always get the "click" or pain to reproduce:

Read about it here: http://detroitfootpain.com/mulders-click-test/

Watch it here:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts