Monthly Meetup

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by roberekson, Nov 2, 2010.

1. roberekson Barefooters

Message Count:
    So let's get some ideas going for a monthly run.

I run in both my barefeet and Vibram Bikilas, and 2 of my brothers run barefoot (they're both buying Vibrams soon though), and my 3rd brother (Scott Gibson, he's a member here already) runs in Vibrams but hasn't done barefoot yet. We might have to find somewhere decently smooth for them to go barefoot, or they can just run in their near-minimalist shoes (Free 3.0s) anywhere.

2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Wow!  There are four of you

Wow! There are four of you guys in the family running barefoot and/or minimal?! That's great!

3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Rob, please contact your

Rob, please contact your chapter manager, ETThompson, to let him know you're ready to get together for some runs. He should be scheduling meetups soon, and I'm sure he could use your ideas.

4. roberekson Barefooters

Message Count:
    TJ, I got in touch with him

TJ, I got in touch with him yesterday :). We're hoping to get some monthly meetups going soon.

And yep, there's 4 of us! Just started this last night: http://www.barefootbrothers.org (ignore the dummy text, we'll start doing real blogging next week sometime).

5. Scott Gibson Barefooters

Message Count:
     Yes I am one of the Bare

Yes I am one of the Bare foot Brothers with Rob. I thought I should post some thing since everyone is posting. Can,t wait to meet for a monthly run. Sounds like fun if any of you can we will be doing runs every sat. This sat. we will be running from Boulder city to the Dam and back on the six tunnel path. The only bad thing about this run is that it's dirt so no Vibram Bikilas this week, oh and the 1700 total incline for the run.

/build2/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Roving/evil.png)" title="Evil — >) >-) :evil:" width="19" height="22" class="smiley-class smileysProcessed" />
  6. Mjsull Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hi gang, I just discovered

Hi gang, I just discovered the BRS. I'm in my 50's and have been a recreational runner since my teens. I ran my first marathon when I hit 50 and will be doing my 10th this December in Las Vegas. I started transitioning to barefoot running this past April and run mostly barefoot. I have Vibram KSOs when I need them but prefer barefoot. I live in Henderson at the top of the hill in Sun City Anthem.

I'd definitely like to hook up with other barefoot runners in the Vegas/Henderson area. Perhaps we can use this forum and a Meetup group to organize and plan events. I'm a member of the Las Vegas Track Club but haven't attended an event for a long time. Perhaps they have members interested in barefoot running, too.

7. roberekson Barefooters

Message Count:
     Michael, are you running the

Michael, are you running the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in December?

8. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Michael/All,Visit the

Michael/All,

Visit the Chapter's tab up top. You already have your own home page (Nevada/Las Vegas). That is where you guys will arrange and schedule your group runs and meetups.

TJ