Chapter Presidents
Oct 8, 2013
Vila Nova de Milfontes, Portugal
Hi from Portugal,

on sunday was the half-marathon in Lisbon
biggest event in Portugal, with 40.000 runners

Mo Farah won.
so I checked on google, here is what I found :

April 2013 : "Could Mo Farah improve further in the next two or three years? Sure. He is stronger now. He runs barefoot twice a week which also helps.

" http://www.theguardian.com/…/…/camp-mo-farah-london-marathon

Mo's had a lot of bad press recently.

He's an incredible runner who has unfortunately been caught up in the sponsorship circus.

I like him. I would probably do exactly the same if I was as good as he is

Reactions: Sly
I like him, he's smiling, he looks cool :)

about the sponsorship circus, I found this article very relevant :

Speaking for nearly a half hour, Manzano described the last 16 months without a sponsor, and the challenges that resulted from not having a shoe or apparel deal.
“Being without a sponsor, it’s very, very difficult,” he said in a tone that signaled tough, frustrating times. “There are a lot of expenses you have to cover, anything and everything that you can think of from shoes to vitamins to trips, and it can be very expensive. After a while you start second guessing yourself, and you think ‘is this really how it’s going to be, is it going to happen?'”
“Having HOKA on my side has really relieved a lot of stress on my part and now I can really just focus on what matters and that’s really focusing on my training. It gives me big confidence because I know that now I’ll be able to work to my full potential,” he said.

Read more at http://running.competitor.com/2014/...w-coach-leo-manzano_99362#lPtUCtPlOWURlqey.99

Reactions: paulbeales
I was sad to see Mo and Andy Vernon rip chunks out of each other, I suppose when there is so much pressure placed on athletes these days something is eventually going to boil over.
I thought Mo's sub 1hr half in Lisbon was awesome!

Reactions: paulbeales

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test