Minnesota Half Marathon and 5K

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
First MN Chapter meetup August 7th, 2010

http://www.minnesotahalfmarathon.com/

There are going to be a handful of us meeting up, some to do the half and others to do the 5K. Come and join us if you find yourself in the St. Paul/Mpls area and itching for a race to run and some other barefooters to share a beer with afterward!

Sadly I have downgraded from

Sadly I have downgraded from the half to the 5K. My ITBS is ebbing, but not enough to crank out 13.1. 3.1 should not be a problem though. The upside of the downgrade is that I get to race with Zum!

Eat my foot dust Swenson! Actually, I shouldn't talk smack. I'm not very fast at the 5K distance.

haha SP, oh who was eating

haha SP, oh who was eating dust?? all those folks we zipped past;)

Definitely a barefoot friendly race, at least the 5k was. I assume the half as as well since it was along the same course. Two of us barefooters showed up and SP saw a girl in pink Vibrams doing the half. There were about 250 5k racers and 1100+ half marathoners.

We did kick some shod ass

We did kick some shod ass didn't we? It was a great run and a fun course. I'm itching to write the race report now. Maybe this afternoon.

And Zum didn't mention it, but she finished 4th in the women's group (don't be modest, you did great!). I finished 11th in the mens group. We placed 24th and 25th overall with a 23:26 time in the 5K.

Was it 4th? I thought it was

Was it 4th? I thought it was 6th

:party: partay!!

thanks Cali!

thanks Cali!