Mileage Week Ending Dec. 19th

I think it's because of the

I think it's because of the uneven terrain, I'm not used to running on that. My paths are usually pretty smooth, wonder if this is similar to trail running? It's icy, snow packed, terrain for pretty much the entire run...few cleared spots which felt awesome! LOL

Think I just have to get used to it, hard to relax everything with barefoot mindset when you're tensed avoiding slipping

Good for you, Eric!

Good for you, Eric!

I got in 5.6 today with an

I got in 5.6 today with an experiment.

Ran the first mile with socks under Sealskinz in some thin aqua shoes. Felt good - good ground feel etc but lots of snow and my feet got real cold.

Stopped at the apt and put some handwarmers between the socks and sealskinz and was able to go back out and do a few more miles just fine.

Only reason I quit was because it was snowing so much the road and sidewalks were really slippery and better to quit and not fall.

4.5miles, 39 degrees,

4.5miles, 39 degrees, barefoot. For some reason my feet never totally warmed up, even though my upper body was burning up, and I've run in colder weather before. Maybe it was the fact that I got up at 7:00 to get a run in before swim practice? During my christmas break? I guess I'm just crazy. Double swim practices today also.

Sounds like a fun run,

Sounds like a fun run, Peanut.

Danjo, was it windy? Was the ground wet?

Got in 7 miles on the indoor

Got in 7 miles on the indoor track today. ( 4miles vffs and then 3 miles BF on asphalt ) YAY!

It was interesting that when I went BF my legs felt so fresh!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS