Mileage w/e Nov. 21

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Give it to me

Monday: Zumba (dance sneakers, 15mi barefoot), 3.75barefoot run..it's 45 degrees and sunny HAD to take advantage of it.

planned rest of the week:

Tuesday: 2hrs Zumba (may try doing more barefoot to keep my soles conditioned over winter)

Wednesday: 1hr Zumba and shooting for 11-12mi (possibly bare, high of 42 degrees)

Thursday: 1hr Zumba

Friday: 1hr Zumba hoping for 5-6mi run forcast still says 40s, I'm goin with it barefoot for now.

Saturday: 1hr belly dance and a whole day dedicated to baking and eating cookies to counteract all of the workouts I'd gotten this week :tired:

I am so hoping I can get back

I am so hoping I can get back into running this week.

I haven't run since last Tuesday because we had to take a sudden trip and drove 12 hours to NC.

After arriving at 0230 I climbed in the bed with my 88 yr old mother and spent the next 3 hours holding her in my arms while she passed on to the heavens. Such a privilege!!

My 90 yr old Dad played golf until he was 83. He flys around the house with his walker like a runner with a baby carriage.

Dad is proud of me that in my 60's I am a runner.

I will go to sleep early tonight. Work tomorrow and

THEN I WILL GO OUT AND RUN!!!

Treasure each day.

Give thanks for many blessings.

Today be kind to Every Living creature.

Today know you have the tools to heal and/or solve any concerns.

Today take any anger that creeps into your life, give it loving energy and turn it into something positive.

Today Do all that can be done with Alll that We Are.

AND - SMILE

Shanti,

Peanut

First of all, Peanut, so

First of all, Peanut, so sorry to hear about your moms passing, but it sounds like it happened the best way possible.

Secondly, I too am hoping I can get back into the running swing again this week. I had a crazy busy week at work last few weeks and my running suffered for it. So as soon as I got home tonight, I kicked off the boots and went for a run. I stretched it out a bit and did 6mi. Hoping to be able to alternate between long and short runs every night this week.

Good luck all!

Peanut, I too am sorry to

Peanut, I too am sorry to hear about your loss though I imagine she went the way she wanted too. Her passing sounds very peaceful, I'm glad you were able to be there with her. Your Dad sounds like a real firecracker :)

Peanut, so sorry to hear

Peanut, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Today's run: -14C/6F, 4 mi just to get back into it. I've had a hard time staying motivated for the last month so now I just run whenever I feel like it instead of sticking o the elaborate schedule I've worked out for the rest of the year...

6.2 miles this morning.  I

6.2 miles this morning. I think I'm pretty much recovered

Thank you for sharing with us

Thank you for sharing with us Peanut.

It choked me up to read, but I also really appreciated your additional comments.

Ran 4.6 BF this a.m., 30F, & my new coldest run BF.

Thanks, you all are

Thanks, you all are great.

Yes, Zumba, my Dad is a firecracker! during WWII he was shot out of a b17 and survived 13 months in 2 seperate German prison camps.

He asks me everytime we talk. "Have you been in any races?"

I'd love to see him in a seniors race with his walker!
shock.png

I DID RUN TODAY .

Went 8.5 in the rain. Boy did that feel good. Very meditative and I used the time to send Reiki to my family.

Peanut

Peanut, that is a beautiful

Peanut, that is a beautiful privilege you had to hold your mother as she died. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I have a half on Sunday and have not yet run this week - will be very low-key. I like to let the body "reset" before a race and lose all the muscle soreness and nagging tight bits and load glycogen. I'll run very little and do some dynamic stretching (will be staying in a hotel with a gym and a pool the next two nights in Atlanta). Saturday I will run a couple to stretch my legs.

Well, so much for doing a

Well, so much for doing a "short" run tonight. I got out of work earlier than expected and went for a run as soon as I got home. I was feeling good and kept running. Until the pain (see BF & M R section post). I was able to do 6mi, but tomorrow I'm going to rest the feet and the other parts a little. Plus, it's yard work day, since our trash comes on Thursday morning. :)

Enjoy your Tuesday evening!

Peanut, that would be sweet

Peanut, that would be sweet if he could make it to a race of yours, a short one maybe so he doesn't get antsy standing in one place for too long :) Your runs does sound very meditative and energizing. There is something special about rain and post rain runs (the latter especially for me, very powerful time to run).

I ended up teaching 1 zumba class today, my one student in my afternon class was sick. Probably a good thing, hanging out in cold limbo. going to rest up then shoot for a long run tomorrow, teach zumba in the am run in the afternoon fingers crossed.

I will have to check if there

I will have to check if there are any near Mooresville NC. it would be fun. I can see him with his walker wanting to "run" with me just to prove he could do it! LOL

When I ran in the Senior games this year there was an 84 yr old man who did the 5k in 54 min. Totally cool!

dang, no zumba and no run for

dang, no zumba and no run for me today. guess it was my rest day.

Monday: 1hr zumba, 3.75mi barefoot

Tuesday: 1hr zumba

Wednesday rest

Thursday 1hr zumba, ~12mi (barefoot? depends...hope so)

Friday 1hr zumba 5-6mi

Saturday belly dance

Short 2mi tonight.  I did

Short 2mi tonight. I did 6mi's on Monday and Tuesday night and I noticed that my mile times were almost 10mins per. Since I have to run better than 17:42 for my Army PT test, I figured I'd better throw in some quick runs so my feet don't forget how to run fast. Plus, I was reading the info for the 5k and it says that the official timing will stop 25mins.

Monday: 1hr zumba, 3.75mi

Monday: 1hr zumba, 3.75mi barefoot

Tuesday: 1hr zumba

Wednesday rest

Thursday 1hr zumba, ~10.5mi socks (~2mi in adizero...along the gravel portion of route)

Friday 1hr zumba 5-6mi

Saturday belly dance

6.5 this morning.  I got

6.5 this morning. I got brave and did a barefoot mile or so on the canal bank (hardpack sand/dirt/gravel) and it wasn't too bad. I took my Zems just in case.

Only two runs this week. 

Only two runs this week. Work and school make it fun to pencil in running. One 3 mi run, and a new distance record of 7 mi. I left the car with the intent of doing the 5 mi route I usually do, but when I got to the trun around it just felt like a keep going kind of day. A little frost on the grass on the side of the road, but my feet thawed out nicely.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test