Mileage reporting week 5 of 2015

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
Woke up this morning to a few inches of fresh snow! So went for a run...
winter2015.jpg

Its my 3rd consecutive day running so I didn't plan on much - I typically don't run back to backs. But this was a good opportunity to test my snow mileage barefoot since I did not figure I could run more than a mile or two on snow in the cold temps anyhow. At the time is was 22ºF / Feels like 12ºF. But I think it was colder, weatherbug only said 8mph wind but it seemed much more than that.

It was right at my absolute tolerance, but after I stopped by the house a little over 2 miles and checked the toes, I decided for one more and pushed out my longest continuous snow run to 3 miles. Put a short video up on the winter challenge thread. Decided to shoot a selfie and change my avatar also to something a bit more seasonal. :coldfeet:

8.7 miles on local roads. I came back faster than i went out, which is something i've started doing lately to see if my pacing is on track.
I found on these shorter runs i can judge it quite well but as soon as i go beyond 15 or so miles it becomes hit and miss and i often run the second half slower.
These days this would constitute as my fast workout, i'm not a racer so there is no real need for me to chase times, but its nice to see what's in the tank every now and then.

Splits
11.08 (mile climb)
7.45 (decent)
10.44 (warm down jog)

Looking like Scott of the Antarctic there Tristan, i think it's what you would call a 'cool avatar' with all that snow.:)

Woke up this morning to a few inches of fresh snow! So went for a run...
View attachment 5381

Its my 3rd consecutive day running so I didn't plan on much - I typically don't run back to backs. But this was a good opportunity to test my snow mileage barefoot since I did not figure I could run more than a mile or two on snow in the cold temps anyhow. At the time is was 22ºF / Feels like 12ºF. But I think it was colder, weatherbug only said 8mph wind but it seemed much more than that.

It was right at my absolute tolerance, but after I stopped by the house a little over 2 miles and checked the toes, I decided for one more and pushed out my longest continuous snow run to 3 miles. Put a short video up on the winter challenge thread. Decided to shoot a selfie and change my avatar also to something a bit more seasonal. :coldfeet:

Impressive temps!

Reactions: Tristan-OH
My feet just froze reading that.

I did a leisurely 6km around the streets this morning in pleasant weather - I did this last week too and found that it loosened me up nicely for my basketball game in the evening. On the way back I spotted a small amount of broken glass on the footpath that I had ran over without seeing on the way out - I think I was saying hello to a lady that I passed at the time. Luckily I didn't stand on any of it (or I did and didn't notice).

Ok, I will try to start posting again here, because I miss you all, not because I'm logging lots of miles.
I had sinus surgery Jan 7, which went extremely well, and seems to have changed my life for the better.
I was back at the gym the next day (no kidding! kept it very light, though, very very light).
I have been going to the gym or getting a little run or walk in most nights. Almost always in my soft stars, a few times in sandals. 10-15 miles per week, maybe 20 some times.
Got a nice run in on Sunday, not sure how far, did many laps around the neighborhood while the kids goofed around on the hockey pond in their skates. Maybe 5 miles? Stopped every one to two laps of about 0.7 mi each, to check on kids.
Nothing on Monday. Monday was an awful day of sitting in meetings and being nauseated. Correlation?

Gym today. 20 tortured minutes on the elliptical, then finally some weights. First time doign weights since Saturday. Needed it. Another hectic night of work. Need sleep and exercise. How to choose.......

Ok, I will try to start posting again here, because I miss you all, not because I'm logging lots of miles.
I had sinus surgery Jan 7, which went extremely well, and seems to have changed my life for the better.
Yay! Very glad to hear you are recovering well and benefitting from it.

Reactions: scedastic
8 gentle miles today, particularly because my foot is still a bit tender, but not in a way that makes it seem I shouldn't run. about 4.5 in my Lunas, no socks, then 3.5 barefoot. Had the fun of a 70 something gentleman wanting to ask me questions, and since I was passing him again right as I was finishing, I stopped a few minutes. He thanked me for sharing such healthy information! He was concerned my pink feet were cold (35 F), and I spontaneously offered to let him feel that they were quite warm. He slipped off his gloves and felt the top of one and was quite astonished.

He was concerned my pink feet were cold (35 F), and I spontaneously offered to let him feel that they were quite warm. He slipped off his gloves and felt the top of one and was quite astonished.
My barefoot running is often the talk of my coworkers, and I've shown some pics of my bare feet in the snow lately. My one friend points out how red my feet were in the pic and says they must be freezing. I think red is fine, it just means your vessels are opened up circulating more blood than usual right? The body's natural reaction and fine. Its when they get colder after being red and turn white that's the issue!

Most excellent 5 mile run at 5:00am 63 deg. f. very clear skies.
Saw a few rabbits.

This morning - 7.5 km in shoes with the local running club. Too much gravel for my feet. I'm not sure if I picked up a stone or a shard of glass in my foot from my last BF run on Friday - I have a bit of a sore spot, but a little bit of poking and digging with a pin didn't find anything. Fingers crossed.

Had a post-run swim in some horrible sloppy waves, and then spent the afternoon with the little one. About an hour of trampoline jumping and then three hours at the local swimming pool playing around and trying to get her to let go of my hands. After getting bowled over by a wave a few years ago she's very fearful in the water, but we're gradually overcoming it. It's a very slow process, but still fun.

This week was a bit short. I did only 26km/16.1mi. That brings the January total to 183km/114mi.

Now trying to better that for the Toes on road challenge this month !

I start a new job mid February in the city (after working a lot from home recently). Maybe run to or from work might be an idea. Need to check on the logistics.

Got back up over 30 miles in a week with 37.7 miles this one. Some pretty nice running, legs finally had some snap in them again after the cold virus that knocked me down some for 2 weeks. Although I still have to blow my nose out after I run in the cold or eat spicy food, blow it out much more than usual for those events.

I had a really nice run this morning. Started off pretty easy and then cranked it up some to close it out.

Mile -- Time

1 -- 9:32.21
2 -- 9:30.86
3 -- 9:24.89
4 -- 9:29.03
5 -- 8:39.77
6 -- 8:35.14
7 -- 8:39.04
.14 -- 1:06.84

Even that sub-9 pace didn't feel too terrible. If I play around with the data, I see that I ran the last 5 kilometers in 26:48.32, only 54 seconds off my 5K PR. I really ought to go find a 5K to run some time so that can be updated.

And I'm done.

Tues - 3.6m, weights, core work
Wed - 3.5m
Thurs, core work
Saturday - 22.2m. Trail Run. Was scheduled for 26. Had to cut it short because of the occursed IT Band again. (This is what a frustrated ultrarunner looks like.)
Sun - Tried. But 2.3 miles only due to IT. Guess I gotta rest it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090