Mileage Reporting Week 24 of 2015

Tedlet

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2014
Is it week 24 yet?...

Enjoyable 4.5km yesterday morning around the lake in the early day sun. More rabbits than usual on the route (must be the time of year!).
Finished with a slight ache in my ankle after this one. Not sure what I did differently from normal, but I must have altered something in my form I guess. -I'll rest it for a day or so, then go again and see what happens...

Sunday - Ran with one of my work friends from the Georgia BRS chapter... 6+ miles with a few uphill tempo intervals mixed in.

Wed - 3 mile min-shod trail run to get the feel of my trail shoes again. Taking some recovery this week before a shod trail half marathon race tomorrow...have a couple minor rock bruises on one foot that are about gone now.

12 miles Monday went very well. Swimming Tuesday. A fantastic 7 miles Wednesday. Thursday was an outdoor bike ride of 55 minutes, followed by a 4 mile walk in Luna's with my dad. My dad has very long legs. Friday (this morning) I ran. Slow 6.2 while chatting with daughters. Also enjoyed a 25 minutes straight of swimming.

Mostly walking bf to, from, and at the gym this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It probably added up to about 1.5 miles each of those days. On Monday, I ran about 4.5 miles through the hilly neighborhood streets behind my house and on the local high school track. Today, Saturday, I met up with Efrem for a leisurely run around Lake Merritt that added about 3.5 miles to my 24th week of 2015. We had a great time chatting along the way and enjoyed the beautiful weather with lots of geese and birds that call the Lake their home. Afterwards, I walked around the neighborhood, barefoot, for errands and chats with neighbors.

5 miles Thursday lightning bug and rabbits
4 miles Friday daytime run 11:45 am
Ready for wounded warrior 1/2 marathon tomorrow if it does not pour rain.

The last several weeks have been rather lacking, and this week is no exception. But I did get a few easier workouts in...

Tuesday 12mi bike ride testing out the new full carbon saddle on my bike (no padding! :inpain: )
Thursday 7.5mi moderate run
Friday 15mi bike ride
Saturday 8mi bike ride
Sunday 4mi easy run (well easy pace, but it was hot and humid today!)

My 4mi run today was on the rough road in front of my house (not sure if cheap seal or just worn and eroded pavement). I learned that my feet either haven't toughened this year as much as I thought, or the last few weeks of low mileage have allowed them to soften. My soles felt like they were on fire! Still a bit tender a few hours later. Most all my runs lately have been on the smooth bike path. Need to stimulate them a little more quick if there is any chance I might do some barefoot hikes in the mountains on my summer break that's coming up quick!

Hope your race went well Runlite!

Reactions: Tedlet
Just 3.1km Sunday morning to finish off the week.
Feet are feeling really good now, but still got a bit of an ache in the ankle (hope it's not something more sinister than a minor irritation..).

Work demands mean that I'll probably not have a chance to run for a few days -so maybe that's a blessing in disguise....

Reactions: scedastic