Mileage Reporting 9th Week of 2013

12.5km today (7.8mi) at a steady 5'30"/km (about 9'/mi), on Sunday I had an open skin crack under my right foot, but that has healed pretty nicely, no problems today...

While I have my phone with me (recording speed, distance, heartbeat and all) I keep it in my pouch....I like the stats it gathers, but I don't need to get that feedback during the run, I enjoy running even more !!

So I went to Sports Authority and determined that, no - I'm not going to pay $25 for round designer foam; I'm going to pay $30 for round designer foam. Indeed.
How'd it work out? If not so well, then it's probably because you cheaped out!

I figured that I'm not going to pay $25 or 30 for a cheap foam roller, but rather went all the way and paid $69 to get this beauty. Those little knobs really get in there to work out those sore spots!

I actually got it over a year ago, when I bought P90X2. Instead of getting the smaller original density version that was bundled with P90X2, I decided to buy the large extra-firm one. I hadn't used it until this morning, when I was motivated to do so, after a massage therapist told me that my muscles were "really messed up" and that my "calves and quads are like rocks". Anyway, I'm going to roll regularly now, until I get everything loosened up.

In comparison to the heated massager that I have, I'd say that this does a much better job of loosening things up. The Anatomy for Runners book indicates that it takes 4 minutes of holding a stretch to actually lengthen a muscle. That's a long time to hold a heated massager in one spot, as the heat and vibration can lead to abrasions. Plus, I don't know that the massager is actually stretching the muscles all that much. However, it's a not a problem to lay on the roller for 4 minutes.
RumbleLargeBlack500.jpg

Reactions: Bare Lee