Mileage Reporting 6th Week 2014

45 min walk in a FOOT of snow! In Oregon. That's the most snow I have seen in 40.99 years!!!
Were you not around in 2007-2008 whatever it was when we had 18"???

No real exercise per say, but lots of pulling my son up the sledding hill yesterday and today. The sledding hill is now turning to ice thanks to the freezing rain and we are really rocketing down it now. :)

5 mile run this morning to finish the week, legs felt good after yesterday's long run. Good run, felt happy to be outside although I'm still so looking forward for the weather to get warmer and spring to begin hinting that it's on the horizon.

Were you not around in 2007-2008 whatever it was when we had 18"???

that was over two or three weeks. this was in 3 days. a lot. i don't ever remember seeing so much snowfall here. i didn't leave the house for two days. dogs were going crazy. i took them out yesterday and the snow was up to their muzzles. they had to jump to get around. walked in the street where the snow was crushed by cars. got to the park and hung out under an awning. they got tired pretty quick. i had to plow a trail for them to follow. half an hour of play then half hour to blow dry the dingle berries off of them. yeah, i said dingle berries.

Reactions: jldeleon
Hey Mike, I had 18" at my old condo for that whole two weeks. It wasn't just an accumulation over that period. It hit and hit hard and fast. This in most places Ive been, from Milwaukee to Oregon City, to Canby, to Wilsonville, and up to Tualatin the most snow Ive seen is 8". Here at the house in Canby we only got about 7" total. This is nothing compared to that snow in 2007 or 2008. My car was grounded that whole two weeks back then because it sucks in snow and ice. I can get around right now. I think people are just getting all worked up over it because its the most snow we've seen since that time.

i remember it. i remember it falling over a week though and not in 3 days. i don't trust my memory too much though so neither should you. :hurting:

I actually trust my photos mike and the date stamps on them. :) In anycase, I wonder if because you now live closer to the gorge and Mt Hood if thats why it seems like more. I also wonder why people here freak out so much over snow... Maybe just growing up as a northwestern Montana boy who grew up with snow I don't freak out over it. I mean really, snowpoccalypse? Really? Our media here sure likes to rile everybody up with these crazy names for a little snowstorm. What about our last snow storm they called it "Winter Storm Watch". Really? Maybe you would remember how during that snowstorm the media said that was the most snow we'd seen in 40 years. Guess what they are saying now, with less snow??? Same exact line....

Back from Crested Butte ski trip.
Ran 10 miles at 10:30 am., 45 deg. f. Great run.
last run of the week. 22 miles total (4 miles shoes)
Picture below from trip

Crested Butte 2014 006-2.jpg

wow. to both previous posts. i do remember there being more snow on the ground a few years ago. everyone here freaks out about snow because we don't see it here. once or twice about every other year is not enough to practice driving.

my workout for today was shoveling snow and then putting chains on my tires. came inside to see a text that there's no school tomorrow. fml. oh, two tests on tuesday with no lab time to prepare for one of them. nice.

woops. forgot this. if the news didn't create fear, panic, and sensationalism, how else would they get us to watch?
I call the local news "scare your neighbor" news. Mostly car accidents, murders, and storm warnings. I would prefer to sit out in front in my veranda and gossip with my neighbors in person. But no-one does that in Minnesota, especially in the winter.

Anyway, 23.8 miles on the week, 6 mi bare on Saturday up in the fairgrounds, 13F. Had to get in the car several times to warm up my feets--still too much snow, ice, slush for continuous bare running, although most of the pavement I ran on was dry. And 13F is about my limit even in ideal conditions.

Today and tomorrow will hopefully be the last of our bitter cold. It was -15F/-20 WC on this morning's run-commute. Then we'll return to our regular winter programing on Wednesday. I'll probably keep running in the afternoon to rack up Winter Challenge miles, but I plan on continuing my attempt to become more of a morning runner as soon as it's bareable. Maybe tomorrow I'll get in one last early morning shod run as a send off to this nasty cold. It's supposed to be -10F. It might be nice to run out to Como Lake or something . . .

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test