Mileage Reporting 52nd Week of 2012

18.25 mi. on snowy canal path. Windy. Wore my Hattoris. Got her done! Next month I'll need 20 milers.
Seven weeks til Myrtle Beach Marathon.:cool: Anyone else going?

20 minutes today. No idea of pace or anything. No garmin, had to keep everything covered as much as possible as it was -38C this morning at 5 when I ventured out. Shorter then I planned as the dog did not look happy with his feet in the cold. When he starts dancing like a cat on a hot tin roof then I know he has reached his limit of barefootness in the cold. Wait, can I enter my dog in the winter challenge? :D

20 minutes today. No idea of pace or anything. No garmin, had to keep everything covered as much as possible as it was -38C this morning at 5 when I ventured out. Shorter then I planned as the dog did not look happy with his feet in the cold. When he starts dancing like a cat on a hot tin roof then I know he has reached his limit of barefootness in the cold. Wait, can I enter my dog in the winter challenge? :D
OMG! my calculator wouldn't handle those minus numbers times 9/5 plus 32. I went to a conversion calculator and came up with -36.4 degrees F. You people are amazing.

Reactions: dutchie53
Yup, still getting used to it. Froze my face in place last night, not sure what the temps were but it was at least -35. Got in the door after a 4 miler and it took 15 minutes for not to slur my words. Dog was very happy though, she could of kept going.

Got some catching up to do. Last week I struggled. My long run in shoes on Saturday (week 50) left me with some problems. I had the knee ache I was concerned with, but more strange was my toe pain. I had top of big toe pain on my right foot. For a couple of days if felt like my toe was broken. Tender on the top, but not swollen. A crackling feeling when I moved it and it felt like I had an open wound on the top. Slowly started to feel better and I got a 5 mile barefoot run in on Wednesday. Good news, no pain when running barefoot. Then weather came in and barefoot running was not an option and there was no way I was running in shoes. I cross country skied, but went too far and ended up with large blisters on the backs of my heels. Now painful to put any kind of footwear on which made work difficult. Ended the week Saturday with a great underground race. A little over 12 miles with no problems. Had to wear sandals for 2 miles because of the roughest pavement I have ever seen. I ran with my son, his second longest running distance. More good news, no knee pain and my toe is feeling much better. So I think I am good to go again.

Sunday - Cross country skiing and hiking (different boots and taped heels). 3 hours and 6500 vertical change at a 9800 - 11,000 elevation. Had lunch and then ran 10k with 1000 vertical change at 10,500 elevation. The road crossed a snowmobile path. Oh, the looks. Some slednecks even lifted their helmet visors to get a good stare in. Another spot the highway was next to the snowmobile path and the same thing happened. The whole group slowed down to look at the crazy person.

Yup, I know that look all to well. Got a good one on Saturday from a dog walker through the park. I smiled and said good morning as I ran by him. He returned the salutations then all I heard was, "What the Hell, holy :barefoot:" My running partner just turned looked and said, "Yeah I know, that is how he rolls, at least he has shoes with him this time". I just smiled and kept on going. Stopping at -24 for to long is not smart.

Got some catching up to do. Last week I struggled. My long run in shoes on Saturday (week 50) left me with some problems. I had the knee ache I was concerned with, but more strange was my toe pain. I had top of big toe pain on my right foot. For a couple of days if felt like my toe was broken. Tender on the top, but not swollen. A crackling feeling when I moved it and it felt like I had an open wound on the top. Slowly started to feel better and I got a 5 mile barefoot run in on Wednesday. Good news, no pain when running barefoot. Then weather came in and barefoot running was not an option and there was no way I was running in shoes. I cross country skied, but went too far and ended up with large blisters on the backs of my heels. Now painful to put any kind of footwear on which made work difficult. Ended the week Saturday with a great underground race. A little over 12 miles with no problems. Had to wear sandals for 2 miles because of the roughest pavement I have ever seen. I ran with my son, his second longest running distance. More good news, no knee pain and my toe is feeling much better. So I think I am good to go again.

Sunday - Cross country skiing and hiking (different boots and taped heels). 3 hours and 6500 vertical change at a 9800 - 11,000 elevation. Had lunch and then ran 10k with 1000 vertical change at 10,500 elevation. The road crossed a snowmobile path. Oh, the looks. Some slednecks even lifted their helmet visors to get a good stare in. Another spot the highway was next to the snowmobile path and the same thing happened. The whole group slowed down to look at the crazy person.

Cool sounds like a great week. Do you keep your toenails real short?

9.1 mile trail run (including 1 mi walk).

Somehow ended up being overhydrated and dehydrated. I tried not to drink too much water at work and stopped drinking a couple of hours before I left, but got out a bit early. There are no restrooms on this trail, and pity the fool who gets caught urinating in public in FL, as one can get listed as a sex-offender!

Then I didn't chug enough water before I started, so I ended up not sweating as much and overheating a little bit. 70F as compared to 32F last morning! So I walked a bit. Eh, no big deal. The weather was nice, and the extra time allowed me to take in some of the scenery. While walking, I also came across what I thought was litter, which turned out to be one of my microfiber cloths that I use to clean my glasses. It was probably stuck to my clothes and fell off. I probably would have ran right by it!

Edit: No deer today, but came across this little fella, about 2 ft long. I'll have to look it up when I get the chance. Completely harmless, I'm sure!

snake 12-24-12.jpg

Copy and paste from wrong week posting:

It was strangely fun to run today, Cmas eve. I did speed workouts around the track, for a total of about 3.5 miles, while all the cars went buzzing by. The workout was based on my husband recommendation and didn't turn out quite like he told me. Yeah, I had to write about it, but it won't be published until Jan 1. Am taking it a little easier this week, partly because it seems like my body needs a little break. Cmas timing was convenient. But I do have a 5K on Saturday called "The Hot Chocolate Run" ha ha ha

9.1 mile trail run (including 1 mi walk).

Somehow ended up being overhydrated and dehydrated. I tried not to drink too much water at work and stopped drinking a couple of hours before I left, but got out a bit early. There are no restrooms on this trail, and pity the fool who gets caught urinating in public in FL, as one can get listed as a sex-offender!

Then I didn't chug enough water before I started, so I ended up not sweating as much and overheating a little bit. 70F as compared to 32F last morning! So I walked a bit. Eh, no big deal. The weather was nice, and the extra time allowed me to take in some of the scenery. While walking, I also came across what I thought was litter, which turned out to be one of my microfiber cloths that I use to clean my glasses. It was probably stuck to my clothes and fell off. I probably would have ran right by it!

Edit: No deer today, but came across this little fella, about 2 ft long. I'll have to look it up when I get the chance. Completely harmless, I'm sure!

View attachment 1390
Ye gads I'd have jumped out of my skin and ran screaming had I seen a snake like that.

Only .41 miles today on the treadmill as my heel on my right foot started hurting so I hopped on the recumbent for 25 minutes instead and then did some ST training (chest and triceps). Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays (whichever you prefer) everyone!

Ye gads I'd have jumped out of my skin and ran screaming had I seen a snake like that.
Yeah, I consider myself lucky that I didn't step on it!

A few months ago, I saw one of these in my yard. (I live in the middle of the burbs, but there are some woods nearby.) Fortunately, the neighbors had warned me it was coming my way (or quite possibly inadvertently chased it towards my house). It was about 6 ft long and as thick as my arm. Okay, my arms are skinny, but still!

Natura%2BTours-%2BFlorida%2BCottonmouth%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Reactions: Bare Lee