Mileage reporting 52nd (but not last!) week 2013

sat-sleep and eat.
sun-45"run". i got tired fast since i'm trying to change my form, again. hopefully for the better. trying to land more on ball of my foot on left leg and it wore me out. i know i used to do it and since i haven't run like that for a few years i tired out. called it quits before hurting myself. i was going to go for a bike ride first but as soon as i move the dogs get excited. even if i just lean over to fart they jump up in anticipation that i'm taking them out.

He then asked me if I was an expert on tirewear too. I didn't even realize he was teasing me about knowing so much about feet, and replied plainly, "no, I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. . . ."

HAH.
Way to represent.

Yes, you are officially in charge of all things that directly touch the ground, or come to within 4-5mm of touching the ground.
;D

Reactions: happysongbird
So yesterday I kind of kept watching the radar and hoping that the back edge of the rain would pull through and allow me to get a few rainless miles. If that wasn't going to take place, I would wait until 3:45 and go out if it weren't pouring buckets. As it turned out, it stopped raining right around 3:30 and I headed out. Wore the Xeros and did some puddle dodging, and the 4 easy miles went well. Gave me my first week of more than 30 miles in a long while. 31.1 miles total. Don't think I'll repeat that this week, it'd probably be good anyhow to take it a bit easy, but there's also a forecast for snow and really cold weather by the weekend.

You missed your chance to tell him you're a qualified asphalt technician Lee. :).
Ha, yeah, but it's true, I really love the asphalt. Today after last Friday and Saturday's meltdown, a lot of the surfaces are clear again, the few remaining slush patches having turned to glare ice. Seems like most of December we've had snow covering. It was fun running in my Moc3s on the dry street asphalt, no-one around, -13F air temp, -15F windchill. I've really come full circle, back to my Moc3s. The Vapor Gloves bother my sore left met head, so I've rediscovered how wonderfully not-there the Moc3s can be. Plus with no laces, they're easy to slip on and off--an important virtue in a shoe.

One month without a proper long run . . .

Left shoulder feels noticeably better today, so maybe I'll let the end of the year festivities provide an excuse to take a little more time off from the weights . . .

HAH.
Way to represent.

Yes, you are officially in charge of all things that directly touch the ground, or come to within 4-5mm of touching the ground.
;D
Thanks, it's all in a day's work for ASPHALT TECHNICIAN.

I did it ! I stopped thinking about running, and I ran. It seems simple enough right ? however post race it is not so easy to maintain when you don't have a race on the horizon. I had let myself go for 3 1/2 weeks with no running. I am convinced it is easier to run than think about it. I made it out on a bf / shod run today. It was 33 degrees at the start and 33 at the finish. I did about 1.5 miles on the pavement bf .5 on the sidewalk bf. It was partly sunny today so the side walk had not warmed up much. I then ran in 6 inches of snow with my xero sandals and a light sock for .3 miles miles and then finished barefoot for another .5 miles. No wind and partly sunny on trail, road and sidewalk. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts