Mileage Reporting 49th Week 2013

20 minutes on the new elliptical was all the time I had this morning. That thing is tough and also may be off on its calorie tracker... For as hard as I worked in that amount of time on every other calorie tracker Ive used that is calibrated to me (as this is) counts about 4-5 times more calories. Oh well I guess I am just happy to have a way to cross train besides just weights now.

oops, I was on the wrong week....

12.1 miles bare footed in the coldest 56°F I can recall. I tried the trail-like extension of the pond loop barefoot for the first time, which means 1/3 of every mile was in the mud and weeds. It was a spur of the moment decision to avoid a dog, but it motivated me to be adventurous when I might not have tried. During the summer, the path has a lot of the powdery dirt that hides rocks. Today, the long matted grass was the pokiest. I tried steer clear of thick weeds that might have stickers, which led to some fancy foot work. :barefoot: It took 4 miles for my feet to not get slightly chilled by that section, but they were never feeling at risk from cold. My doggie made it 8 miles, but then started to drag, so I put her in the car. Made it home before an impressive wind storm!
Wilson Ponds trail extension connection.jpg

Attachments

• Wilson Ponds trail extension pokey grass.jpg
    Wilson Ponds trail extension pokey grass.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 6
  • Wilson Ponds trail extension soft mud.jpg
    Wilson Ponds trail extension soft mud.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Wilson Ponds trail extension view.jpg
    Wilson Ponds trail extension view.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 7
I love how none of your trails over there seem to have twigs on them - they look great to run on (although the pokey grass might not be all it's cracked up to be).

7km on the beach for me this morning, nice weather. I saw a few barefoot runners today, a bloke running the other way looking pretty comfortable and a chick who was run-walk-running along the beach. The was also a guy walking along barefoot who gave me a bit of a fist pump and called out "Yeah!", but I suspect he was making fun of me. I chose to take it at face value though.

no mileage yet this week. stomach bug still.
sunday: managed a short weight session at the gym.
monday: had alarm set and running clothes set out, but at the appointed time I just could not get out of bed. Blame it on continuing stomach bug fatigue.
lunch: 40 minute swim felt good. appetite still not normal, but I guess that's ok, since I'm not burning much either lately.

Reactions: Scratch
no mileage yet this week. stomach bug still.
sunday: managed a short weight session at the gym.
monday: had alarm set and running clothes set out, but at the appointed time I just could not get out of bed. Blame it on continuing stomach bug fatigue.
lunch: 40 minute swim felt good. appetite still not normal, but I guess that's ok, since I'm not burning much either lately.

Get well!

I love how none of your trails over there seem to have twigs on them - they look great to run on (although the pokey grass might not be all it's cracked up to be).
That is the only trail around here that I have been willing to be totally barefoot on. The places my husband takes me trail running are treacherous!

I'm down with a cold. My throat hurt so incredibly much. I'm going crazy! Started Sunday and has just gotten worse since.
So I'm resting (good thing because my feet still need it) and I talked to the nurse at the local doctor house (don't know the English word for it) and she said that if it's the same or worse tomorrow I should come in to get checked for inflammation that needs penicillin.

I'm down with a cold. My throat hurt so incredibly much. I'm going crazy! Started Sunday and has just gotten worse since.
So I'm resting (good thing because my feet still need it) and I talked to the nurse at the local doctor house (don't know the English word for it) and she said that if it's the same or worse tomorrow I should come in to get checked for inflammation that needs penicillin.

Being sick is no fun. Get better soon.

We'd call it a doctor's office.

Sunday - 15.5 shod trail run near Zion. Not the same trail as the Zion 100 course, but on one of the same mesas. Ran with 2 other people from a trail running club. Great to run with people and make new friends.

1469857_340700142738663_232244926_n.jpg

Gooseberry Mesa in Southern Utah - Zion National Park in the background.

Tuesday - 5 barefoot miles at home. Last BF miles for a while, storm coming in.

Over an hour of running on an old railroad trussle (sp?) right next to my house. I was too unmotivated to drive to my usual trail. It was safe to listen to music, which was a first, and nice. A stunningly sunny but cold day and the run was also along the river. That run brought light to the dark.

Reactions: happysongbird

In addition to "doctor's office" the term "clinic" is also used.

Reactions: Line Kolbe

Oh, and feel better.
I HATE getting sick. It feels like such a nuisance.
As a person who obviously has a lot of energy, you must find it terribly annoying. Rest. Do some things that don't require exertion that you've been meaning to get to. Get better quickly.

Ran today shod for the first time this year, (yes I have been running bf for the entire year) for 3.2 miles 23 degrees wind at 15- 25 mph steady blowing lightly snowing. I had to wear sun glasses to keep the snow from my eyes. It was about 10 degrees below freezing. I then lost my shoes and ran 1/4 mile in 5 inches of show and ice. I attempted to take a photo with my cell phone and it froze at about mile 2. barefoot run.jpgso I took a photo of the path from my office after I thawed out. I wore running tights, and shorts two shirts one long and a light weight vest with gloves and a beanie. I was cold for the first 20 minutes the I got warmed up a little as I ran. When the security guard saw me he said. " I don't care what anyone says you are the Freaking MAN. " I suspect that was a compliment. I have just learned to just smile and say thanks its not as hard as it looks : ). It is always hard to explain how it feels to outsiders. And my wife gets tired of hearing about my running. Its nice to have a place to share common interests. I love reading everyone's posts !

Sunday - 15.5 shod trail run near Zion. Not the same trail as the Zion 100 course, but on one of the same mesas. Ran with 2 other people from a trail running club. Great to run with people and make new friends.

1469857_340700142738663_232244926_n.jpg

Gooseberry Mesa in Southern Utah - Zion National Park in the background.

Tuesday - 5 barefoot miles at home. Last BF miles for a while, storm coming in.

Gorgeous colors! And still in shorts!

Reactions: Robin
Over an hour of running on an old railroad trussle (sp?) right next to my house. I was too unmotivated to drive to my usual trail. It was safe to listen to music, which was a first, and nice. A stunningly sunny but cold day and the run was also along the river. That run brought light to the dark.

I needed a safe, low stress place for my run yesterday. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that is what is bugging me about making the decision to run.

Reactions: Bare Lee
D
Ditto what everyone else is saying. Rest, rest, rest.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test