Mileage Reporting 47th Week of 2012

Happy Birthday Thom!

Reactions: ThomDavid
Ran a quick 3.5 miles through the drifting snow tonight.

Happy Birthday Thom, you don't look a day over 35.

11/21 6 miles minshod to burn off sone calories for Turkey day. Picked up the pace as it was slightly chilly. Felt good, so went for 5k PR. Missed it by 11 sec.
Ack! Just realized why I missed my PR. Minshoes! That 7oz pair of boat anchors! Why didn't I think of it before? Now, I don't feel so bad. I was overencumbered, weighed down. Yeah, that's it...

Ack! Just realized why I missed my PR. Minshoes! That 7oz pair of boat anchors! Why didn't I think of it before? Now, I don't feel so bad. I was overencumbered, weighed down. Yeah, that's it...

Yes, you're a victim. You should call Oprah..

Reactions: Bare Lee and Sid
But Sid, have you not been strength training? :rolleyes:
Yes, but the footstrike is ever so slightly different. Even with a 3mm sole, I have to consciously lift just a little bit higher than when barefoot. One of the first occasions when wearing Vibrams, I nearly did a faceplant because I caught the edge of a sidewalk where the tree roots had lifted a segment up 1/2 inch. Same thing in my current pair of shoes, though that was a good inch.

The other thing is that my PR was done on very smooth barefoot-friendly asphalt. Thursday was a different route, older asphalt, and the elevation was slightly different. Eh, I just want my back to be in good shape again. Maybe tomorrow...

Yes, but the footstrike is ever so slightly different. Even with a 3mm sole, I have to consciously lift just a little bit higher than when barefoot. One of the first occasions when wearing Vibrams, I nearly did a faceplant because I caught the edge of a sidewalk where the tree roots had lifted a segment up 1/2 inch. Same thing in my current pair of shoes, though that was a good inch.

The other thing is that my PR was done on very smooth barefoot-friendly asphalt. Thursday was a different route, older asphalt, and the elevation was slightly different. Eh, I just want my back to be in good shape again. Maybe tomorrow...

When your as low to the ground as I am, that 1/2" is like a foot when I put shoes on, sometimes I feel I have to have my knees level with my ears to ensure I do not trip on something with all that extra shoe tread lift. :(

Reactions: Sid

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts