Mileage Reporting 46th week 2013

as i was falling asleep last night i twitched. apparently this is a sign of stress and too much cortisol production. going to walk the dogs right now and may back off the weights if this continues. otherwise i will continue with the running.

I got my headlamp! princeton tec apex. 200 lumen. if i can't play baseball with this thing i'm sending it back.

i also got a kneeling chair to take to school. trying to make them remove one that's bolted down. the squeaky wheel gets greased right? yup. i also have a professional grade wobble board coming this week that i'm taking to school. going to look like samwise gangee, spelling?.

Is your headlamp waterproof?

Ok let's catch up:
thursday: after th run, did a 29-30 min swim (had to pick up kids early so the time was limited precisely).
friday: 4? mi I think. There is a car that ends up beeping at me every morning on my way back home, I guess to let me know it's there (I"m on the opposite side of the road, so it shouldn't be near me but whatever). Let me just say it is jarring and not helpful for safety and please never do that.
a few weights
evening swim: just under an hour

saturday: 8.75 mi, HILLY long country road hills. weights.
quick hike w kids to lakeshore on the way out to the pool. (maybe 1.75 mi? it was fun to run in the leaves. even w shoes on)
about an hour swim in the evening.

[quote="scedastic, post: 144913, member: 3507"There is a car that ends up beeping at me every morning on my way back home, I guess to let me know it's there (I"m on the opposite side of the road, so it shouldn't be near me but whatever). Let me just say it is jarring and not helpful for safety and please never do that.
[/quote]

Temporary sign pinned onto the back of your shirt saying, "don't honk at runners - it disturbs the zen"?

Reactions: Bare Lee
I had an unenjoyable run of about 45 minutes that I cut short. Not sure why I didn't like it.

Rough time at work this week. have not kept up with post.
Friday great 8 mile run.
Today worked an then did 16 miles around white rock lake (Dallas) at 11:45 am., 81 deg F., 39%rh... very cool watching all the wildlife around and in the lake. lots of water fowls, turtles, couple of parrots.
last run of the week. total miles 29. next week start tapering for marathon.
Feet will be glad for taper (a little sore).
Legs Good.

Friday afternoon
1-mile run-commute
Back/Front ST.

Left shoulder 95%. Will try to return to my usual maxes next week.

Saturday morning
13.8 mi / 22.2 km
43F / 6.1C
36F / 2.2C wc

Did my usual eastern longrun out to Lake McCarrons and the Trout Creek trail. Getting to feel normal, and I can kinda visualize the whole thing as a single run now, all the different areas connected.

Rest of Saturday: massive leaf-raking -- twenty-some bags' worth. What a pointless activity. I guess it keeps homeowners out of trouble on weekends. Then got a head start on the next week's resistance training with a Bottom/Top ST session, medium effort/half pump.

38.85 miles on the week.

Can you help me understand the 2 temperatures?
Sure, the wc = windchill (I got the abbreviation from Dutchie). Some folks also use the expression "real feel." It's important to take that into consideration for colder temps, although I think for the feet, unlike the face or hands, windchill becomes less relevant as the temps dip below freezing. So, for example, a 5F windchill when it's 15F will be harder to put up with than a 5F windchill when it's 30F.
12 miles dry S2G, was 36°F when I started and 41° when I finished.
Sounds like you're doing well with your tolerances!

Jen, i'm going running, not swimming with the lamp. jeez.

Lee, no neighborhood kids? don't you have a pack of diaper rats at home? :p

yesterday i did one set of dead lifts. too tired to go back for more and napped during one class.

today ran for an hour before a test. hr didn't come down and i think is still a little high. i actually ran just over my maf pace. listening to podcasts from endurance planet. coach lucho said it was fine to go 5-10 beats over if that still feels easy and comfortable. it did so i did. i then did a few pistols throughout the day.

got my 5th massage and seeing some real progress. my intern though has given up on trying to treat me and passed me off. if i get the dude who emailed me that will be great as he's not afraid that he's going to hurt me.

Lee, no neighborhood kids? don't you have a pack of diaper rats at home? :p.
Nope, just two reproductions. My son's a great helper and loves the outdoors, my daughter is pretty lazy and prefers to be inside mostly, but on this day they both had a lot of fun playing alongside us. My wife also helped out a lot, although she too marveled at harvesting something you can't eat. Usually this kind of occasional yardwork makes me sore, but I felt pretty good the next day, so I guess all the st and conditioning is working. For massages, you definitely need a guy. Good luck with that. If all else fails, you can still resort to stretching. I won't give you any sh!t about it. OK, maybe a little.

Reactions: migangelo
If there was a tounge-in-cheek smiley I'd be using it here....;)

Shouldn't this say "A little over 4.25 in Giant Pillowy Overengineered Shock-Masking Marshmallows.... Frolicing in Blind Bliss.... I feel like a Prince in a Fairytale!!!"

For me.... 4.3 miles.... Skin to Pavement.... 40 degrees. Happy.

Actually, no. I just run that slow :D But maybe it should say "A little over 4.25 whilst flapping my arms like a bird and making farting noises with my mouth" 'cos that would be much more interestinger of a visual :D

Reactions: OneBiteAtATime

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts