Mileage Reporting 45th week 2013

Sunday afternoon
Bottom/Back ST workout

This week I'm trying a new strength-training routine, in which I'm doing two body zones in each workout, instead of one per workout. This means I'll be working each of four body zones--Front/Back, Top/Bottom--twice a week instead of once. I just took half of one zone and combined it with half of another zone. So I'm still doing all the same total exercises. What I especially like is that if I have a so-so workout, I don't have to wait a whole 'nother week to get back at that zone. I've uploaded two different versions of the new approach, color-coded even, in case anyone is interested.

Also this week, I'm trying to do 10 minutes or so of ab/mobility/plyometric stuff in my office on a more consistent basis. I have trouble getting around to this stuff before a run or during a st session. I just got a 30-pound medicine ball (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SGRCEY/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and a power wheel (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BDLJ5G/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I use those together with my decline sit-up bench, cinder block for plyo jumps, furniture glides for stretching, ankle weights for mobility stuff, and wobble board.

Monday morning
One-mile run-commute, at 2am.

Monday afternoon
One-mile run-commute, then Front/Top ST workout

Went slow on the bench press. Still nursing my left shoulder blade. Added Hang Cleans, and Bicep Curls with my curling bar. I've never paid much attention to biceps, but now I have two biceps exercises: curls with dumbbells and curls with the curling bar. Must be middle-age. I added the Hang Cleans to go along with the Power Cleans because I want to have more 'explosive' lifts in my repertoire. Trying to get out of my lackadaisical habits and add some intensity to my st workouts.

Tuesday morning
One-mile run-commute
28 F/ -2.22 C

Then short plyometrics/mobility/sit-ups/'core'/stretching session.

Tuesday afternoon
5.95 mi / 9.58 km
42 F / 5.5 C
38 F / 3.3 C WC

Was going to do 10-11 miles down by the river, but got in another half hour of work and just did a little less than six. The first four miles were a fast aerobic pace, not quite tempo, around 9-9:15mm pace, and the last two miles sort of a medium aerobic pace--not quite a pure aerobic 10mm pace, but very sustainable nonetheless. Overall, a very solid run. It felt good to run for less than an hour, and I like the way running slightly faster works more of the upper leg, less of the lower leg. I think I'm back to my usual schedule of doing just one longer run per week. Doing two of those longer runs was too much--need more tempo and interval stuff.

I stowed my Merrell Vapor Gloves in my lumbar pack as back-up just in case, and indeed the windchill down by the river musta been a lot lower than the official number given just before I headed out, but my feets stayed nice and warm for the most part, although some of the concrete sidewalks to and from the river felt quite cold to the touch.

Later I got in a little strength training doing toddler-carries and wife-repeats.

Wednesday morning
Snow!
WC 21 F/-6 C!

I'm glad the run-commute is just one mile. The streets and sidewalks were wet and sometimes icy. Hard to believe in another month or two these will be normal running conditions.

Sced's cooties just about gone, after an attempt at a comeback, taking advantage of mild yet sustained sleep deprivation.

Now for some more plyometrics/mobility/sit-ups/'core'/stretching.

Picked up the Icebreaker 260 merino mitts a couple of weeks ago.
C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

Which ones? The Sierra Mittens? I got a huge order in my Icebreaker shopping cart, including those, almost ready to pull the trigger. 20% off on my initial order. I'm going to wait for my Tracer Pants to show up today and see if they're the right size, and then return them to Amazon and get them from Icebreaker for 20% off.

Attachments

• ST Bottom-Back, Front-Top -- 13.11.06.pdf
    320.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ST Top-Bottom, Front-Back -- 13.11.06.pdf
    320 KB · Views: 0
Haven't done as much running as I should haved lately:

Sunday : 4 miles.

Monday : only 2.6 miles - changed oil on the car , etc. and before you know it it was late and didn't have much steam that evening.

Tuesday: Raining with temps in the mid 30's. Rode the stationary bike 60 minutes instead.

Today: Rode the exercise bike 15 minutes early this morning planning a run tonight.

Just ran 7.6 miles on my beautiful trail. I was doing a 15 min pace on the first half, but kicked it up to a 7 min pace for the second half. In addition to the slight decline working in my favor on the way back, I simply envisioned zombies were chasing me in order to hold that kind of pace! ;) Oh, and this is the first week I have ever exceeded 20 miles! And it's not over yet!

Excellent first run in my new Luna sandals. With the temps a moist 37, it was time to try them. 6.45 miles. Still working on building the aerobic level endurance and really having fun with it. Forgot to charge my Garmin, so came home and mapped it on Google earth. Such nice yellow lines!6.45 miles less.jpg

Well, I haven't been able to run much lately, but I did pick up a sweet olympic style weight bench and weights the other day so I hope to be using that starting next week. I just got everything all set-up and the bench does incline (various angles), flat, and decline. There are also attachments for leg curls/extensions, pulldowns, preacher curls, curl bar, and 255lbs worth of weights to go with it. Now I have a sweet home gym in my garage so I will now be like Lee and Abide with that. I found this set used on craigslist and got super lucky as it is nearly brand new and barely used for super cheap. Yay me!

Well, I haven't been able to run much lately, but I did pick up a sweet olympic style weight bench and weights the other day so I hope to be using that starting next week. I just got everything all set-up and the bench does incline (various angles), flat, and decline. There are also attachments for leg curls/extensions, pulldowns, preacher curls, curl bar, and 255lbs worth of weights to go with it. Now I have a sweet home gym in my garage so I will now be like Lee and Abide with that. I found this set used on craigslist and got super lucky as it is nearly brand new and barely used for super cheap. Yay me!

2 miles in VFF, then 2 miles BF. I don't look forward to winter.... haven't found footwear that I'm totally comfortable with... want to be injury free.

The wind always blows in Western Illinois, and temps are falling, I should start making a dent in the Winter Challenge.

2.44m yesterday before school. felt great. got some more graston done afterwards. today i tried to hit the heavy bag at school. i use a timer i found online to keep rounds. my computer wasn't being recognized by the school's wifi and my ipad doesn't sound a bell. blew my time trying to set it up. hopefully i go tomorrow after school.

am: 1.5 mi, which according to my calculations is > 0, so at least I got my arse up and doing something.

lunch: 1 mi S2T (socks to track) in gym. Was gonna bf outside but my skin burns easily, I only had a few min, and I was too lazy to search my car for sunscreen. Excuses. Anyhoo, got just a few weights in before swim.
1hr 20 swim, easy effort but constant until my toe cramped. Finally feel lungs fighting this thing off. Only a bit of wheezing and coughing all day. Still some ear pain, but less. Oh, cooties, may you leave and never come back.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test