Mileage Reporting 43rd week of 2012

Bare Lee

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2011
Saint Paul
About 2 miles / 3.2 km through the neighborhood. Did a little bounding down by the track but then thought better of it. Better to wait until I've been back running a few weeks and my knee is 100% before trying this new stuff. Was 39 windchill, so I guess it counts for the winter challenge, but that's like the perfect temp for me so it hardly felt challenging. If there's no soreness in the knee tomorrow I'll try three miles on Tuesday. Meanwhile, I'll be icing it and putting on Dama's lotion potion throughout the day.

Barefooting BobBarefooters

Canada Chapter
Chapter Presidents Group
Message Count:

10 km Race this morning with Dutchie had a blast and a good run to boot. 2 km more after the race to cool down. 52:50 for me which is a offical race PB, not bad for finishing a Half Mary yesterday. Here is the evidence that we finished with our soles intact.

dutchie-and-bob-2-jpg.1000

Today is a wonderful day to run barefoot and free!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)
"A journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's bare feet."
Barefooting Bob Runner without shoes (Oct 1, 2011)

http://winnipegbarefootrunners.blogspot.com/
Barefooting Bob, 57 minutes agoEditDeleteReport
#127Reply

• dutchie53Barefooters

Canada Chapter
    Message Count:
    New
    Bob beat me by 10 minutes, Saw him at the start and finish. :D Great run though. Funniest line I heard today though as I was passing some people was "Look another barefooter, there sure are a lot of them out today". Bob and I were the only ones out there without shoes. I started slow but had a better finish, 32 minutes at the turnabout and 30 minutes on the return for 62:25 10k.​

A little scrambled but it seemed to work.

10 mi at lunchtime on the gravel trails, huaraches as usual. It was near 55 degrees, dry and sunny. Felt like summer but with a nice breeze. First 3 miles was not fun---calf muscles were too tight. Stopped and 'loosened' them against a tree (can't say the s word here, right?), and then all better.

Gorgeous leaves all over the trail, blowing in the wind, lining the paths. Fall is pretty.

Ssshhh, I am thinking we should have temps around the zero mark for the next month or so.

Reactions: dutchie53
Nice and steady 9km, Cadence 92, average pace 5'12"/km, average stride length 1.08m.

Finally have the application that measures my cadence/stride back, it had issues since moving to iphone5

The good thing, is that I can now run 9km without any pain on my sole, and with a speed that I feel comfortable, and not being tired at all !!

.6 miles / 1 km running, 1.4 mi / 2.25 km walking. I did my 'Front' (chest and upper arms) strength training earlier in the day, then decided to run to my son's day care just now to pick him up. My left knee had been a little sore since yesterday's run, but I think it was more because I stupidly stretched out the joint by kneeling on my lower legs just before the run. I stopped runnin before I got to the day care and checked out a flight of stairs that might be suitable for running stairs in the future.

Hopefully the knee will be OK for tomorrow's run, but I may have to wait another week or two if this keeps up. It had become pretty much pain-free by this last weekend, so I don't want to regress. Might have to break out the bike if this keeps up.

6.5 mile night run tonight at 4 degrees with the dog.

last night 1.5 mi in the rain, splashing puddles in ~60 degree temps, had a blast until I got a wee bit of TOFP, which is weird b/c I never get that. So I quit and went back home. Been tired and on 5hrs sleep a night anyways so whatever.
this am another 1.5 mi, half walking half running, my left calf muscle is driving me bonkers. So tight all over felt like I was being squeezed by steel wool blankets. Dunno what that's about. Grrrrr

last night 1.5 mi in the rain, splashing puddles in ~60 degree temps, had a blast until I got a wee bit of TOFP, which is weird b/c I never get that. So I quit and went back home. Been tired and on 5hrs sleep a night anyways so whatever.
this am another 1.5 mi, half walking half running, my left calf muscle is driving me bonkers. So tight all over felt like I was being squeezed by steel wool blankets. Dunno what that's about. Grrrrr
Sced Astic, I hope you're massaging your lower leg. I'd hate to see you go what I went through with chronic tofp . . .

Get a 'stick' or dig your fingers in. I got a little tofp two days ago because I'd been a bit remiss in my massaging during this rehab. The ache disappeared almost immediately. I'm starting to think my knee tweak was a result of tight calves pulling on the joint, and possibly tight hammies and iliotibial bands coming into play too. I'm becoming more vigilante about getting on the Rumble Roller several times a day, and it seems to help relieve pain in the knee-tweak. The soreness I felt yesterday in the knee is completely gone today. So clear to run this afternoon.

"Just saying" . . . as they say.

OK, then, here goes:

Sunday- 20 mile bike ride (to and from gym) and 45 mins of something called "Mat Pilates" which I guess is some sort of hybrid yoga/pilates thing. Doesn't matter as it kicked the ^#@! out of me. Maybe next time I won't ride to the gym
Monday - 4.6 mi run from repair shop to home; 4.6 mile bike ride from home to repair shop (had to get the truck looked at)

Reactions: happysongbird
So - are we supposed to post our stuff every day? or are we supposed to post what we did in a sort of "week in review" roll-up fashion? Or can we just make it up as we go along?
Yah, just do what you like and let everyone else make of it what they will: Be terse, be elaborate; be confessional, be objective; talk about running, talk about gardening; be barefoot, be minimal; be daily, be weekly; start on Sunday, start on Monday.

This forum gives me an excuse to keep track of my weekly routine and write it up, and it's good motivation to read what others are up to. This is about as bloggy as I care to get.

Reactions: NickW
Sced Astic, I hope you're massaging your lower leg. I'd hate to see you go what I went through with chronic tofp . . .

Get a 'stick' or dig your fingers in. I got a little tofp two days ago because I'd been a bit remiss in my massaging during this rehab. The ache disappeared almost immediately. I'm starting to think my knee tweak was a result of tight calves pulling on the joint, and possibly tight hammies and iliotibial bands coming into play too. I'm becoming more vigilante about getting on the Rumble Roller several times a day, and it seems to help relieve pain in the knee-tweak. The soreness I felt yesterday in the knee is completely gone today. So clear to run this afternoon.

"Just saying" . . . as they say.

I swear I've been trying with the rolling and some goofy stick thing, at least a few times a day.
At school, and during long driving commutes, and with lack of sleep, I find myself going running, then going sitting. So I kind of think that might be part of the cycle I have to break. Yeah, totally, gotta quit the school thing. It's totally ruining my calves.
The tofp is on the opposite leg from the tightest calf one (both calves are tight, but the left is far worse right now), but I was thinking it may be related.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test