Mileage Reporting 3rd Week 2014

Wed 3mi sidewalk
Thur stairmaster
Fri stairmaster

Was excited to have worked up to 3mi on the sidewalk, which was previously challenging due to my bunion leading that foot to be underdeveloped causing assymetry. Unfortunately, I stubbed my toe and didn't realize that I had split it open causing a bloody mess, until I got home since it was dark out. So stairmaster for the rest of the week. No pool or spa either.

"like" on the run, sorry about the stub.
hope it heals quickly

Reactions: Sid
I ran about 6.2 miles last night, wore the Xeros. It was a good run and I finished up in the darkness and by that time the park had emptied and left just me making circles, well, ellipses around the park.

A little later on this morning I will go out for a run and do it for Meg's Miles, a runner who was killed this week by a drunk driver while she was running. Keep alert out there while you're running everyone, because not all people are alert, good and responsible drivers.

And I guess to put it out there, if any of you want to add me as a Facebook friend, here's my profile.

My longest run ever (so far): 24 km at 6:30/km. Wearing VFFs in 34F weather (night), mostly dry but wet patches from earlier rain/snow.
Cadence was pretty good, avg. 175 steps/min with a few dips. Have a bit of TOFP on my right foot, but I think that's residual from earlier in the week. Otherwise, feel good save for muscle aches (I'm pretty tired, but happy).

Ran 12.5km/7.8mi on Sunday, still taking it very easy, slowing down as much as I can. I can still feel my heel (PF) but the pain does not increase actually it gets better.

What do you think, should I get a bit more rest ?

I applied the usual principle, which worked for me very well, start running when the pain recedes, this allows you to try to find how to correct eventual form problems. If pain level too high or increasing, just stop

Reactions: Bare Lee
ran for nearly two hours sat. on the trails. shoes on.
sun tried to ride my bike and my garmin died. i turned home and just walked the dogs. my legs is starting to feel a bit better. removed the tape that was on it yesterday.
did i post for fri? if not i went for a nearly two hour trail run with shoes on.

sucks cuz it was warm enough to run bf today and i didn't drive to the trail.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Very nice 11 mile run at 12 noon (daylight kinda new for me), 56 deg. F., shorts and a long sleeve tee.
Last run of the week for me. 29 miles total.

Feet Good
Legs good

8 barefoot walking miles during the week, struggling with knee pain. For Saturday's race I changed my registration from the half to the 5k. After .5 mile barefoot warm up at 26 F. I decided it was too cold to be barefoot and part of the course was chip seal. Man am I getting wimpy. Decided to wear my Unshoes sandals and did a .5 mile warm up trying to figure out how to do this with my knee pain. Thinking I should have just bagged the race but I need the race credit (long story to gain entrance into a marathon). Found my brother and the race started. Quick pace for .25 miles and no pain, quicker pace for another .25 and no pain. Decided to go for it and pushed hard for the rest of the race. Finished with a PR (20:48) and placed 2nd in my age and this was a pretty competitive 5k with about 650 runners. Happy about my effort and my pain is no worse than before. In fact I was able to hike with my family and do an easy run today (Sunday). but I know I need to take it easy for a while.

Moral of the story - all of my advice is bunk. I'm the biggest hypocrite and can't control myself for races, even when injured. I say I'm not competitive and then something snaps in the starting line. Oh well, I got away with it this time.:)

Ran 12.5km/7.8mi on Sunday, still taking it very easy, slowing down as much as I can. I can still feel my heel (PF) but the pain does not increase actually it gets better.

What do you think, should I get a bit more rest ?

I applied the usual principle, which worked for me very well, start running when the pain recedes, this allows you to try to find how to correct eventual form problems. If pain level too high or increasing, just stop

See the bottom of my previous post;)

I've had PF for over a year now. It's just taking a lot of patience and adjustments to deal with. When the pain was the worse it took some physical therapy and some change of activities to get to an active recovery phase (which it sounds like you are in now). I think you can continue to work on it with easy running. If it is a sharp pain then back off, but you can work with it if it is just a dull ache. I found this article helpful (especially when he talks about reducing the load) even though he is completely anti-barefoot. . http://www.runresearchjunkie.com/plantar-fasciiis-how-then-do-you-treat-it/

i forgot to mention on saturday's trail run i ran into st john the gambler. or really he ran into me. said hi and he kept on going. i didn't mind as i can barely stand running with myself right now. :bag: