Mileage Reporting 39th week of 2014

Finally a good week for me. Hope I'm not picking up the mileage too fast but I feel great. Had this past and this coming week off, and that gives me perfect timing for last couple good training weeks for marathon on Oct 19. I dont think I've trained nearly as well as last year, and it hurt last year. :( Was debating just going really slow, or dropping to the half, but I'm feeling much better now. We'll see after next week. My average weekly miles over the summer was only like 20 with a 30 mile week thrown in a few random spots. This week was 46.15mi, which may be a weekly pb for me.

Monday = 8.25mi working off the Oktoberfest beers (see beer thread in the pub for some pics ;))
Tuesday = 2.1mi since it was the coldest day yet since last winter at 41F I wanted to get a taste of cold since the marathon was a shock to the system last year with cold temps I was not used too. Went out at 7am. Can't believe it but my feet were going numb! Grrr, and no more cold weather to practice with this week or next.
Wednesday = 20.8mi longest run of the year. Wore HRM and targeted MAF for most of it and was shocked to maintain low 8's for a lot of it with 2 mi in the middle into the 7's. Average overall including warmup and cooldown was 9:06 145bpm
Thursday = off day but spent the day working hard. Fell 5 ash trees 3 were pretty big. Got 3 of them cut and loaded 2 remain for me to cut tomorrow.
Friday = 6.5mi still felt a bit strained from the long run an exhausted from logging the previous day. Helped my back some which was really sore from previous day.
Saturday = Took day off and took my son to a festival. Also split wood for 30 minutes or so later.
Sunday - 8mi in, try to push just a little for speed but it was hot and I was winded. No HRM but I'm sure it was working too hard. Only averaged 8:38min/mi with my fastest 2 mi of 7:40 and 7:10. Then spent 1-2 hrs splitting the rest of the wood and stacking.

I stopped doing any weight lifting and havent done any biking in the last couple weeks either. Figure the extra mileage plus cutting wood is really taxing my system and for the marathon I don't want to do any more than that. I'd avoid cutting wood but happened upon a free offer with someone with a bunch of dead ash trees. I mean like probably 20-30 dead trees and she wants em gone. But already is letting other come too so I got to hurry to get as much as I can over this 2 week break. I could potentially cut a good years worth of wood for a few gallons of gas and lots of 'workout'. Its the hardest thing on the body I’ve ever done though.

What a week this has been..
I've been out running, out walking, I've been lifting weights, I've had a fever (very bad actually) and gotten well again, and then I've been to a first yoga class in ages. I realized how much I've missed yoga!
Wow!

Tuesday - 8 miles shod on pavement. Tempo run turned into race pace. Wanted to get done in under an hour. Got it. Last miles were 7:19, 6:59, and 6:39. Nearly a 5k pr. I need to be careful about getting bit by the speed bug, but I am enjoying some faster miles.

Your getting pretty fast there Rick! And you mentioned I think a couple weeks ago (and I didn’t get a chance to say anything then) almost PRing in a half I think it was after you already ran a half to get there! Wow.
Thursday - 12 shod miles out in the fields. The "farm by pick-up truck" farmers are shaking their heads
I sometimes wonder what the neighbor farmers think of me when I'm out doing something barefoot on the ol' John Deere 60 lol. Yesterday had it out to move some stuff around, for one I bought a new pellet burner to replace one of my woodstoves, and used it to pick up the stove (on pallet still) and set it on the front porch to get it into house. Also picked up a few tons of pellet yesterday - had to unhook the trailer at the store so the guy with the forklift could load 2 skids onto the back of my truck (then rehook the trailer and load one into it). Was debating barefoot but decided to throw on the steel toes just for a minute. The jack is broke on the trailer so I have to pick it up manually and set it all the way down to the ground. And it does weigh 1400#. Next up, unloading 6000# of pellets in 40# bags. Guess that will be a workout for the new week though, I'll have to switch to that thread.