Mileage reporting 35th week of 2013

Still on the cool side this morning, so I ran about 1.25 miles, it felt really really good, nice quick rhythm but easy and light.

Slept kind of lousy though last night. After sleeping 3 hours or so, woke up around 12:30 and didn't go back to sleep til after 3 sometime. Then at one point after falling asleep, I was in a dream that I was at some sort of art gallery shindig with a bunch of strangers. All of a sudden I realized I was walking around without a shirt on, although I still had pants on. That's when I realized, "Cripes, no way this is real, I must be dreaming" and so I began lucid dreaming some. But I didn't really seize control of the dream as I then began yelling "Hey, hey, hey!" at the people walking around to get their attention. Once I had that although they seemed to be staring blankly at me, I asked the following brilliant question, "Have any of you ever become aware that you're dreaming?"

It wasn't til after I woke up that I realized just how stupid it is to ask dream-people that question.

It wasn't til after I woke up that I realized just how stupid it is to ask dream-people that question.
You can say that again!:angelic:

Today I did a short walk in my VFF and it felt great. I was good and didn't run in them.
I've rested all since last Wednesday and that has been good for the foot. I feel it's gone again and I know I shouldn't be fooled by that.
Now the slow progress starts again. Slower than before..

And... I also did a shod run (that's what you call running in your old "normal" running shoes, right?) and that felt good too. Except for in the knees because I was back to heal striking at once. I did love to run though. Just run....

And now this evening I'm off to the gym to lift. Shoulders on the program today.

Still on the cool side this morning, so I ran about 1.25 miles, it felt really really good, nice quick rhythm but easy and light.

Slept kind of lousy though last night. After sleeping 3 hours or so, woke up around 12:30 and didn't go back to sleep til after 3 sometime. Then at one point after falling asleep, I was in a dream that I was at some sort of art gallery shindig with a bunch of strangers. All of a sudden I realized I was walking around without a shirt on, although I still had pants on. That's when I realized, "Cripes, no way this is real, I must be dreaming" and so I began lucid dreaming some. But I didn't really seize control of the dream as I then began yelling "Hey, hey, hey!" at the people walking around to get their attention. Once I had that although they seemed to be staring blankly at me, I asked the following brilliant question, "Have any of you ever become aware that you're dreaming?"

HAH!
Yes, I used to have recurring waiting table nightmares (long after I had stopped waiting tables). The orders would be coming in like mad (it was the fine dining-ish bistro I worked at the longest), picky ladies would be asking for marinara sauce then complaining it had tomato in it, etc. etc. There would always be a point at which I was frantically getting something to bring out, silverware, a drink order, appetizers, and I would pause and wonder. Gosh, this is an awful night. I wonder if I'm actually having one of those nightmares, or if this is real? If it's a nightmare I don't have to get that nasty lady her drink order. I don't have to worry about that overcooked filet. In fact, I could just walk out right now. HUH. But if it's not a dream, hmmmm.......And sadly, I would always choose not to take the risk and I'd get that lady her drink order. Havent had one in a while, though.

45 min 90 deg run at lunch there was lot of labored breathing and not because I was going fast but because the air was/is too heavy-I survived though:)

morning: swim, about an hour, sneezing fit break in the middle. crazy sneezing fit. wild crazy sneezing fit. then my heart wasn't in the swim anymore. Guess I sneezed it out.

midday: 5 mile run in hot weather while kids biked. sandals. hot. nice hot. sticky. summer, finally, though it's almost over, and the downside was that I was dragging.

afternoon: going for a 30 minute nap. mmmmm

Wanted to stay off the hills so went to Rabbit Hill park... 1 hour recovery run on the flat pavement...6.8 miles. Nice morning low 70'sF...72% humidity...felt like Fall kinda. Legs are still a bit sore so will take it easy again next run I think.
Much better Moka:happy:

4.31 miles at avg 10:05 pace. The first two miles were a bit slow for me today at 10:55 and 10:22, but the next two miles I kicked it up a notch and ran at 9:30 and 9:20. The last little bit I just coasted as a cool down. Starting to feel so much better again running. Oh and and couple hundred feet out my door I saw a doe and her fawns. Man I am so happy to live in a small town again. :happy::happy::happy:

Bicton View.JPGBicton Tea.JPG Had a really rubbish run today. Felt depressed anyway but told myself that the run would cheer me up, and decided to do a separate kilometre and mile just to get a base figure for those distances into my Garmin webpage. I thought that would be nice and easy - I wasn't going to push for a good time or anything, but after I did the km my legs felt like lead and I half walked the mile, then realised my slowness was risking me missing last orders at the cafe so had to speed up a bit!
As I was using the Garmin, my phone was free to take a photo of my civilised running place.

4.17 miles on cement bike paths and asphalt streets. My longest BFR to date, by about 1/2 mile. I felt really good, but came home to discover a large (1" x 1/2") "skin bubble" type "pre-blister" on the outer edge of my right sole, a bit behind my little toe. It doesn't hurt (yet), and hopefully it won't be a big deal. I know I am supposed to ease into this, but it's too much fun when I get going! I wasn't very fast - only 11 minute miles, but that's about as fast as I normally am when I run by myself, even in shoes. It was 59 seconds per mile faster than I did in shoes on a longer run on Saturday, but that run was hot and I felt pretty draggy the whole way. Today was 75 F, overcast and a little light rain at the end. Very nice!

View attachment 2615View attachment 2616 Had a really rubbish run today. Felt depressed anyway but told myself that the run would cheer me up, and decided to do a separate kilometre and mile just to get a base figure for those distances into my Garmin webpage. I thought that would be nice and easy - I wasn't going to push for a good time or anything, but after I did the km my legs felt like lead and I half walked the mile, then realised my slowness was risking me missing last orders at the cafe so had to speed up a bit!
As I was using the Garmin, my phone was free to take a photo of my civilised running place.
That's lovely! Maybe it makes up for having a rubbish run? It's got to help, anyway!

Reactions: happysongbird
i did 4x8' intervals at my race pace of avg 175hr. i didn't think i would make it because the first one was quite hard. i was going to stop at the 3rd but told myself to stop quitting when i get so close. i always like to finish races strong so i pushed this one today. just over an hour with 3' Rest Intervals. 6 miles and walked the dogs after for my cooldown for about 18'.

no lube. no chafe.

Sunday: one-mile walk-commute to the new office in the morning, then in the afternoon I ran a little more than two miles (2.15 Dama) back with a detour through the neighborhood. I was in regular shorts and t-shirt, fairgoers were parking their cars on our residential streets, with inquiring looks at me, sweating heavily, shirt soaked (97 F/ 104F with humidity). Had I stolen something?

Had a nice dunk in the kids' pool afterwards.

Monday morning: in keeping with Scratch & Scedastic's dream theme and nightmares, I woke up at 1am from a stress dream. So I watched old TV shows like Jack Benny and The Saint, drank an IPA and ate some popcorn off the floor that the kids had spilled, tried to go back to sleep for an hour while looking at my beautiful family slumbering restfully on our king-sized bed, then finally, at 5am, decided it's no use, the day has begun for me, mis' well get out and run.

I felt like crap, and only managed two hill repeats before I was ready to pack it in, with my heart pounding and my lungs burning in the sticky, oppressive air (82F, 70% humidity). But then on my way back home I felt alright once the terrain had flattened out, and so kept going, past my street, then cut through the neighborhood, wondering how far I should run, enjoying the pure spontaneity of having no route in mind.

A bit later I felt even better and contemplated a proper mezzo or even long run. But then just a mile after that, still before dawn, my vision started to blur in the early morning heat and humidity. I was sweaty, dehydrated, tired, fasted, and so headed home. Still, I was glad I got the run in--3.13 miles total.

Monday afternoon. Really didn't feel like lifting, and our garage wasn't very cool. But after last week's half-hearted efforts, I knew if I didn't hop back on the st train this week, I might fall seriously behind. It seems like atrophy sets in faster as one ages. I managed to get through 80% of my exercises. No real pump, but I'm glad I got the workout in. Should set me up well for the Wednesday's session.

Tuesday morning: 6.2 mi / 10K (¿estas feliz ahora Dama?). I headed out around 4:20am, hot, hot, sticky, sticky, sticky (77F, 86% humidity), under a pretty half-moon snuggling up to Orion.

After two blocks I took off my shirt, after just a mile I felt like quitting. After three miles I stopped to stretch. My piri formis in particular was feeling tight. A car's headlights shone on my prone figure, the driver slowed down then musta figured out I was laying on the suburban asphalt sidewalk stretching, not having a heatstroke.

After the stretch I felt better, and heading back towards my neighborhood I picked up a pleasant head-breeze, but the run still required the mental effort of a tempo run until the last two miles or so, when I had finally acclimated to the heat and humidity and got into the 'zone' of a proper aerobic run.

Hey, that's a week now of running two or more miles every day. Legs fine, feet fine.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test