Mileage Reporting 33rd week of 2013

Most excellent 11 mile run at 5:00am, 70 deg., 69% rh... Heard owl and saw 8 rabbits, 10 squirrels, 3 wild parrots and 1 hawk (maybe hunting the squirrels and rabbits).
long run for this week getting ready for the "Hottest Half" (a 1/2 marathon around white rock lake next weekend).last run of this week. 28 miles total
Feet Good!!
Legs Good!!!
Note: I saw humans this morning one looked down and asked "Are you running barefoot? I thought about some snappy come backs but a simple Yes came out.
Still love running barefoot.

almost 3 mile easy run yesterday. here in so cal and there are no hills nearby. i went to the CC but they took out the ramp i was going to use and only 1 flight of stairs everywhere. haven't run yet today. don't know if i'm feeling lethargic from the humidity or too many carbs.

almost 3 mile easy run yesterday. here in so cal and there are no hills nearby. i went to the CC but they took out the ramp i was going to use and only 1 flight of stairs everywhere. haven't run yet today. don't know if i'm feeling lethargic from the humidity or too many carbs.

Too many (beer) carbs? ;)

I got so distracted by that damn hottest athlete thread, I almost forgot to post my mileage!

I ran on the beach today for an hour. It's the first run I have done on a flat(ter) surface in quite some time. It went spectacularly - my extra attention to form over the summer, running trails, has really paid off! I think it was about 3 miles worth - I went super slow and carefully cuz sand can be tricky -especially since one side of the beach had softer sand than the other side.

Is this still the PF Abide? Mine has been a bugger all year. Going to see how Hood to Coast goes and then back to Physical Therapy.

Yep I was able to get the pain to diminish and then I went out for a long run and mountain bike ride. Probably not the best idea. It feels like the stability in that ankle is gone now? Hopefully I didn't jack something else up. Sorry to hear yours is still bothering you it's a rough injury for sure.

Well, 5k this morning. It was the Dirty Donkey Mud Run, it was fun and boy, was it muddy. Ran it with 2 of my daughters and have no idea of time. With a fair bit of waiting at the obstacles the finishing times were irrelevant. While golfing yesterday with a couple of boys from work they told me that the course might not be doable barefoot as they used to ride dirt bikes on parts of the course and I was told that it was very rocky with stretches of fist sized crushed rock. I took their advice and ran it in my vff's. They were right, I could not have done some sections barefoot. Will have to wait and see when my daughters download the pics from their cameras and see if I can post pics. All in all a great way to spend a Saturday morning. :D
Here is a before and after pic. Racing bib went after tackling one of the obstacles, and hat is in a mud pit some where. :)

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1376760574279.jpeg
    PhotoGrid_1376760574279.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 13
I joined up with a local trail and ultra meet-up this morning for a run from the northern end of Manhattan to the Rockaway beaches - roughly following the line of the 'A' train. I knew I'd have to bail at about 11.15 because of family plans for the afternoon but got 17 miles done before that happened - the rest of the group was going 17 more.
One interesting fact I learned is that there is an aggressively enforced dress-code in Brooklyn as one guy told me, 4 or 5 times, as I ran along Flatbush Avenue that I couldn't run barefoot in Brooklyn. I still managed to!

A little over 72 miles for the week.

13.2 miles yesterday in the Groomsport Half Marathon.
http://runmeter.com/745217ae4f6b4757/Run-20130816-1909?r=e
Tough tough course!! Soooo hilly. Dragged my toe AGAIN at mile 6 and cut it! Had to throw the Sockwas on. Great pace to start but couldn't keep it up over the hills. Faded bad towards the end. Ran it in a personal best tho! Race report to follow with some toe injury pics for Dama! Lol.

Well done !! That is a great time !!

Reactions: Darkand
13.8km/8.6mi today, my pinky is ok so far, good to be back !!! A week without running was hard ! Temperatures are on the climb (about 13C/55F this morning at 7:30am), even though technically it is still winter for another 2 weeks, it feels like spring !

I joined up with a local trail and ultra meet-up this morning for a run from the northern end of Manhattan to the Rockaway beaches - roughly following the line of the 'A' train. I knew I'd have to bail at about 11.15 because of family plans for the afternoon but got 17 miles done before that happened - the rest of the group was going 17 more.
One interesting fact I learned is that there is an aggressively enforced dress-code in Brooklyn as one guy told me, 4 or 5 times, as I ran along Flatbush Avenue that I couldn't run barefoot in Brooklyn. I still managed to!

A little over 72 miles for the week.
Whoa!!! Amazing mileage for the week! Great running pal. Glad you made it thru Brooklyn barefoot too! :)

Been busy and haven't had much time to spend on the net. :( A relative talked my into running the Bill Seymour half marathon on Ocrober 12 (I think that's the date). Anyway so now I have been trying to get myself ready for 13 miles. Furthest I have ran is 9.5 so I have work to do. Planning on wearing the VFF's as my bare feet were kinda sore after the 9.5 mile run.

Ran the Wood River Fun Fest 5K this morning. Got 3rd place overall and first in my age group. My time was 21:17. Think that works out to be a 6min 51sec mm. I believe I finally broke the 7mm barrier. Yippie! :p Oh I ran this in the VFF's as my palm of my right foot has been sore from some barefoot bike rides I have done lately so I wore the VFF's. The Fun Fest run was very nice for a small town event. After the run my wife and I watched the parade that followed.

Gonna get up early tomorrow and see how far I can run in an attempt to reach the half marathon distance. Hope I can do at least 11 miles or so. Hope its one of those "GOOD" running days. I'll keep my toes crossed. ;)

Been busy and haven't had much time to spend on the net. :( A relative talked my into running the Bill Seymour half marathon on Ocrober 12 (I think that's the date). Anyway so now I have been trying to get myself ready for 13 miles. Furthest I have ran is 9.5 so I have work to do. Planning on wearing the VFF's as my bare feet were kinda sore after the 9.5 mile run.

Ran the Wood River Fun Fest 5K this morning. Got 3rd place overall and first in my age group. My time was 21:17. Think that works out to be a 6min 51sec mm. I believe I finally broke the 7mm barrier. Yippie! :p Oh I ran this in the VFF's as my palm of my right foot has been sore from some barefoot bike rides I have done lately so I wore the VFF's. The Fun Fest run was very nice for a small town event. After the run my wife and I watched the parade that followed.

Gonna get up early tomorrow and see how far I can run in an attempt to reach the half marathon distance. Hope I can do at least 11 miles or so. Hope its one of those "GOOD" running days. I'll keep my toes crossed. ;)
very fun! congrats on breaking the 7 barrier!

Reactions: Go Barefoot
Took a leisurely walk this morning except for the half-mile of it that I ran.

Excellent wildlife sighting of an egret in a field near a small creek. I got to see it take off and fly, very beautiful.

Gave myself an extra day off after my last painful run, did a lot of work around the house and garden yesterday. Got up this morning and headed out for a run. Wasnt sure how long, I really want to start getting my mileage back up after the half, was hoping at least 8 miles. Started out really tight still, and just a tiny bit of pain still in the calves. I stopped a couple times in my 20 minute warmup to message them and some light stretching. The pain was gone after the warmup. I decided on a very easy 10-11mm pace. Actually the pain started back up close to 10mm so I was pretty much at 11 most of the way. Had the music playing and just felt good. Approaching the 4 mile mark where I may turn around, I decided I was feeling great and even the tightness was fading. Since I was averaging a pretty easy pace I decided to go a couple more miles and turn around at 6, making the day 12 miles. A little tight now back at home, hope I didnt do too much, but it felt like a great run.

Hope next week I can get a couple 6-8 milers in during the week and then a 16-18 long run.

2.5 running, .5 walking for total of 3 miles today. Legs felt great today, upper body a little sore from the Dirty Donkey race yesterday after tackling all the obstacles and climbing over and under them. I think I will be visiting a gym on non running days this winter to work on light strength training as per Bare Lee suggestion as we were carb loading a couple of weeks ago.

Well my attempt to run somewhere close to the half distance turned out to not be a Forrest Gump run by any means. I made it 10.5 miles before I decided that the legs are going to need a rest otherwise I would be looking at a longer recovery time. My left ankle is still slightly sore from this mornings run but think it will be good by tomorrow evening. Planning on taking the day off from running tomorrow. Might give it another try Friday or sometime this coming weekend.

Saw a big bunch of young turkeys while I ran two 1 mile laps in the park but was too focused on my run to mentally weigh or even count them. :) Heard two black capped chickadees and always enjoyed the song they sing since I was young but it wasn't until this spring I learned what bird sang this song.

Here are some samples of the chickadees song.

http://birds.audubon.org/birds/black-capped-chickadee

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11