Mileage Reporting 2nd Week 2014

Lee, i don't believe you! haha! oh, have fun. say hi to my fam out there.

i want to not argue and have ruined that one already. jeez. good thing i can start anew everyday. i was thinking this should be called 1stish week or something like that.

today i'm likely to lift some weights. no, maybe i'll wait until i do my maf test. nah, i'll lift weights. hell i'm sweating now after drinking my tea and getting ready for school.

Sunday: 2. 5 walk/run on roads with about a foot of snow, somewhat packed down by cars but not plowed. Tiring.

Monday; Weights, then 2.5 in what I was proud to say was my coldest run, but WOW did Lee beat me.
It was zero F on our thermometer with winds about 15-25mph. I was fine until the gusts off the lake were in my face. Glad I broke down and bought a balaclava last week. My feet were toasty in Thorlos socks and suede Mocs. My hands were happy in my mittens lined with socks. My body was a bit too warm in 2 long sleeve layers plus a light vest, and 2 thin tights on the legs. My face was way cold going into the wind, especially after ice kept forming on the face layers
photo.php
. Otherwise, I would have been fine.

We are so snowed in and everything is closed.
Today we are doing projects (kids with a snap circuit rover kit, those rubber band bracelet thingies, assignments from mom, and maybe baking later), and trying not to go stir crazy.

Sunday - 2.5 hour hike in remote parts of the snowy mountains with hubby and kids. Will be posting a blog about it in a few days if anyone wants to see pics. I was pleased with how I held up, being that I ran the day before and have the tail end of this cough. I was done before we were done, but I made it to the car. Good news, they let me operate the vehicle while the rest of them pushed it out of the snow bank it got stuck in...

Monday - pretty tired, but thought I'd feel better if I went ahead and swam. Did for 25 minutes total. Also, ran here and there short distances in the yard for chores totally bare at about 25°F.

2.55 miles at avg 9:49 pace. Felt pretty good and played around a little bit jumping up and down off random obstables while running. My legs felt really good during the run but my lungs struggled to keep up. Guess that's what happens when you can't run for a few weeks. My skin got all itchy again from the cold. Not used to running in the late afternoon. I'm used to my runs getting warmer, not colder the farther I go. I should have brought a long sleeve shirt with me.

Very adventurous! :really playful: :really playful:

Well, I see how that looks now, but I will say that part of the time I was in my swim suit ... with a bathrobe over it. And I was wearing flip flops then because my feet were wet.

Attachments

• beach attitude.jpg
    beach attitude.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 12
did a few reps of squats and one set of pistols.

back to school felt strange.

oh yeah, Nick, i've slowed my training way down. trying to do more active recovery and i'm feeling less pain at this slower pace. my muscle imbalance was getting so bad i was/am limping while i walk. i feel a little more flexible now.

I just KNEW you would post this here. Ya notice those crickets, Mike! :) You are so special! :p

Reactions: migangelo
I performed my first traffic stop. A crazy soccer mom stopped her car in 35 mph lane rolled down the window. I assumed she wanted directions and it was clear the cat had her tongue. I looked toward the car her mouth was open and she just stared for about 20 seconds. I started to resume my run when some sound came out of her mouth, some kind of noise, then I heard her say shooooes. I sad nah I dont need them. I went on to completed my second run for the new year with a smile on my face and another first. 27 to 31 degrees bright sunny day 13 mph wind my coldest run to date 3.1 miles West Valley Utah about 6 inches of show on the ground and salt everywhere. I only ran on the black top without snow on the roads, where available. At other times I was forced to run on ice and show for short times. The coldest part was stopping at the stoplights. I had to stand in the snow. I always carry my Xero sandals if I have a problem. My feet did feel sore after the first 2 miles. I did not experience any numbness but it was as close as I have ever come to putting my sandals on and finishing the run.

10 km second day in a row. Surprisingly quick today, but I had to, I had dressed lightly and would have been cold running slower. Lots of wind and rain the last ten minutes or so, but it was refreshing. Also ran the last kilometer without tape on my big toe. Could it be that I don't need to tapey arthritis after all?

Tuesday: late morning another 2.5 mi, this time air temp was -4F or something, still with wind, but not as much wind as yesterday. This time, my face never even got cold. However, my legs and glutes were SORE. Lotta squats and deadlifts and whatever else on Monday. Apparently I was way determined to not go stir crazy and I did a bunch more weights than I thought.
Anyhow, I came home, baked some ginger cookies for the kids to decorate, and since I was still in my running clothes, went around for another 1.5. By then it was a balmy Zero degrees F, with some medium wind.
No weights today.
Missing my swims. That would loosen me up. My university has been closed and closed, and that's where I swim. Blech.
My kids are home AGAIN tomorrow (because it's cold, I guess????: jeez, all the roads are cleared-ish and passable, even out in the countryside: what do they do in the Dakotas? In Alaska? Just sayin' now I"m gettin annoyed.)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test