Mileage Reporting 25th Week of 2013

I had a great run today.
I kept pretty close to an 8:40 pace for the first 4 miles.
Then, mile 5 was 8:30.
I was sad to see my pace drop of to 8:47 and 8:52 for miles 6 and 7,
so I tried to pick it up for mile 8 and finished with an 8:16 mile, which makes me happy!
All barefoot and included keeping up some good pacing on some fairly rough asphalt. I think I'm getting better at the rougher pavement. Best run since my half.
Also, I saw another barefoot runner. I was so torn running by! I wanted to stop and say hello, but I was into my pacing. It was along a path that I run pretty regularly at that time of day. He didn't seem to be going super fast so maybe newer at it, but since we were passing in opposite directions it was harder to tell. If you are out there, Hello!

forty min run in 85 deg weather sidewalks where hot, hot, hot and rough lots of chip sealed stretches. Don't know distance since it was an unknown tough/hilly route.

EDIT
It was a forty five mins run not that it matters anyhow.

Reactions: happysongbird
Yowza Dama, that does not sound fun at all. My feets would be blistered me thinks.

4 miles in my lunas doing a hilly run. I only averaged a 12:40 pace but I guess I need to give myself a break since I am pushing a stroller. I did almost get mauled by a dog that some guy had running off leash on the paved trails. The guy laughed about it and I didn't find it so funny. I went into protective mode because of my toddler son. Too many kids get mauled and killed by dogs anymore because people think their dogs would never do anything like that. I'm a huge dog lover but when your dog is growling and barking viciously and taking attack postures don't just laugh it off. Some people are idiots. The dog was protecting his master and I get that, but I don't think that owner got it. The dog was some sort of mix, looked like part boxer and something else that had longer hair. Anyhow, I actually had to stop running, throw the parking brake on the stroller, and run around in front of the stroller to get between my son and the dog because the dog was charging. After that excitement I went to the gym and did some st of shoulders, biceps, and abs.

Yowza Dama, that does not sound fun at all. My feets would be blistered me thinks.

4 miles in my lunas doing a hilly run. I only averaged a 12:40 pace but I guess I need to give myself a break since I am pushing a stroller. I did almost get mauled by a dog that some guy had running off leash on the paved trails. The guy laughed about it and I didn't find it so funny. I went into protective mode because of my toddler son. Too many kids get mauled and killed by dogs anymore because people think their dogs would never do anything like that. I'm a huge dog lover but when your dog is growling and barking viciously and taking attack postures don't just laugh it off. Some people are idiots. The dog was protecting his master and I get that, but I don't think that owner got it. The dog was some sort of mix, looked like part boxer and something else that had longer hair. Anyhow, I actually had to stop running, throw the parking brake on the stroller, and run around in front of the stroller to get between my son and the dog because the dog was charging. After that excitement I went to the gym and did some st of shoulders, biceps, and abs.

Wow Nick, your run was on the danger zone I think you should report that dog owner or find another route.
I didn't get blisters or anything but I can tell you one thing, there is some sole conditioning to be done for this hot pavement stuff. the soles of my feet are tingly all over:)

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW

I never know what kinds of dogs or owners I'm going to meet. Some of the worst times are when one is coming for me but there is traffic coming and I almost jump in front of it. At least on the greenbelt paths, I'm only jumping into cow pastures or thick weeds.

Dutchie, did he pull you along or was he off leash and you had to follow?

just been doing round the block running. boring but keeps the legs moving. did go to the park the other day and there were lots of kids there. ah summertime. they wanted to pet the dogs but i wouldn't let them. asked one kid if he wanted to get bit he could pet them and he said "ok". told them to bite each other instead.

was thinking about running a race with paraganek tonight on our favorite trail but opted out. too many trigger points that have made my last few runs unpleasant to even consider a race. he kept saying "come on, it's just a group run". no it isn't. there's some competitive people there and that's contagious.

You and Barefoot Ric have the only true "Barefoot Shoes" I've heard of where your soles are still bare but with something on top of your foot.

I think I'll tatoo something on top of my feet, will that count too ? :D

was thinking about running a race with paraganek tonight on our favorite trail but opted out. too many trigger points that have made my last few runs unpleasant to even consider a race. he kept saying "come on, it's just a group run". no it isn't. there's some competitive people there and that's contagious.
Huh, should I quote you Mike in what you would tell me? Or should I just leave it alone? Hmmmmnmmm. Can't do it, wuss! ;-)

what a busy week(kids in half day basketball "camp"), some swim, not much exercise for me, but some each day. can't recall when i posted last?
sunday, monday: stuff, can't remember.

tuesday: night swim, 1 hr or so, about 3.5 run? i think. maybe a few weights

wednesday: night swim, afternoon bike, maybe 8 mi, duh, it's a blur

thursday: ~3.5 run, 10ish bike, that's it. my boy had his first swim meet tonight (he's 8). CUTE! He worked so hard. My workout was grinning and feeling shock at his enormous enthusiasm. He worked it like he meant it. Now he's sleeping like a log.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts