Mileage Reporting 24th Week of 2013

This is what happens when you are still asleep while running. That is actually a nice bruise.

toe.jpg

OMG another Most excellent run today. I ran 10 miles at 4:45am, 79 deg., 79% rh., no wind, very nice. after mile 6 I started counting squirrels, saw 60+, during the whole run saw over 20 rabbits, a few swans, ducks, large white bird (egret?) flying and heard a few owls partying. I got the best of both wildlife worlds because I went from night to daylight in the same run. This is the end of week 8 of my training 24 miles this week. Feet good, legs good. I love floating along down the road I mean running down the road you probably know what I mean.( I love the visualization).

This is what happens when you are still asleep while running. That is actually a nice bruise.

View attachment 2290
Just checking did you dose off and stubb your toe?
I have done this a few times myself. I usually scrape the asphalt or concrete and file down a portion of my nail and put a little road rash on the end of my toe.
I love Ice (it is my friend).

Mileage today, 13.1 miles. Did wind up running the half marathon that I was not ready for, long run of 7 miles with weekly mileage of somewhere between 15-20 miles in preparation. It actually went surprisingly well, set a barefoot pr for this distance (actually my first bare half :) ). The timer showed 2 hrs 40 min, so I am guessing my chip time might be around 2 hrs 35 minutes as I started way back in the masses at the starting line. I did not start the garmin but did use it to keep my pace in check. Will try to post some pics later, sorry, no gory blister pics as the bottom of my feet, other than some pleasant tingling, my feet feel good. The last 300 yards going into the stadium was construction type gravel, that did not feel good as it was crushed gravel. All in all a great way to spend fathers day, being cheered on by my youngest who was also there to take some pics. :D

Mileage today, 13.1 miles. Did wind up running the half marathon that I was not ready for, long run of 7 miles with weekly mileage of somewhere between 15-20 miles in preparation. It actually went surprisingly well, set a barefoot pr for this distance (actually my first bare half :) ). The timer showed 2 hrs 40 min, so I am guessing my chip time might be around 2 hrs 35 minutes as I started way back in the masses at the starting line. I did not start the garmin but did use it to keep my pace in check. Will try to post some pics later, sorry, no gory blister pics as the bottom of my feet, other than some pleasant tingling, my feet feel good. The last 300 yards going into the stadium was construction type gravel, that did not feel good as it was crushed gravel. All in all a great way to spend fathers day, being cheered on by my youngest who was also there to take some pics. :D
excellent.

Reactions: dutchie53

View attachment 2290
I thought I had bruised my foot yesterday, but it turns out to be a small sliver, so that is easier to deal with. Hope you heal up well!

Reactions: NickW and jldeleon
Great Job!!

Reactions: dutchie53
Tuesday - Easy recovery run at Rabbit Hill park 6 miles smooth park pavement...its was in the afternoon and warmed up...made my pace extra slow. The partly cloudy sky barely keep my feet from getting burned.

Thursday - 6 miles at the Georgia Horse park...ran the Merrell Down and Dirty course in reverse as best I could remember from 2 years ago. The best part about running this course is the ground surface changes about 12 times with tall grass, short grass, several different types of gravel, running in water, dirt roads, wooded mountain bike trails...even .1 mile of pavement. Saw a 3 foot Black snake on a dirt path getting a sun tan...tip toed around it in the tall grass.

Today - 11 miles at Stone Mountain park... 1 lap on the road/sidewalk then power walked up the mountain then ran down... lastly a loop around Cherokee trail. By far the most people on Cherokee trail I've ever seen still not crowded at all though. All the odd angles on the trail really gave my ankles a big workout.

First, I soaked up some rays for about 20 minutes laying on the grass, then, 40 minutes in my pool at a relatively fast (for me) speed the whole time, which meant it was more like power intervals. Can't remember the last time I just relaxed in the yard like that.

My weekend was very bussy and I only managed 7.5 mi on Saturday I did discover a very small stretch of a trail that's very steep and on the wild side so I climbed it and it was so spiritual to be there all by myself with nature when I climbed down I had this renewed energy that is very dificult to describe and I could swear that my face was glowing, I felt this happines all around me. I also saw a greyfish on the trail that it was coming from the creek near by.

@Dutchie, congrats! the time you posted for your half is about what I am looking at if I run the half with you and Lee.

Just checking did you dose off and stubb your toe?
I have done this a few times myself. I usually scrape the asphalt or concrete and file down a portion of my nail and put a little road rash on the end of my toe.
I love Ice (it is my friend).

I'm not sure exactly what I did. I was not fully awake. It got really swollen the next day and is all brown and red still. But, it only hurts when I bend it, and I went for a 45 minute trail run/hike this morning and didn't notice any pain.

Sunday to start trying out the other training regimen i did a 1 mile test on the track. i'm not sure i was sufficiently warmed up or i went out too fast. i wound up walking before i made it once around and almost gave up but continued with the test. i can tell you it will be the last time i run hard without eating first. i did it in 7:22. much faster than i thought i would. i was sucking air and wiped out when i finished.

Sunday to start trying out the other training regimen i did a 1 mile test on the track. i'm not sure i was sufficiently warmed up or i went out too fast. i wound up walking before i made it once around and almost gave up but continued with the test. i can tell you it will be the last time i run hard without eating first. i did it in 7:22. much faster than i thought i would. i was sucking air and wiped out when i finished.

OUCH!!!!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test